Lauren Paxton Roberts
Location: Nashville, TN
Lauren is a Member in the firm's Nashville office where she concentrates her practice in the areas of business and commercial litigation, with a focus on financial services and professional malpractice. She is a member of the Business Litigation, the Torts & Insurance Practice and the Construction Service Groups. She is currently the Chair of the Stites & Harbison, PLLC women’s initiative, SWIFT (Stites Women Investing in our Futures Together).
Reported and Representative Cases
- Chapman v. Bank of America, N.A., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 133590 (M.D. Tenn., Sept. 17, 2012)
- Donaldson v. BAC Home Loans Servicing, L.P., 813 F.Supp. 2d 885 (M.D. Tenn., March 2, 2012)
- Williams. v. Bank of America, N.A., 2012 Tenn. App. LEXIS 733 (Tenn. Ct. App., Oct. 12, 2012)
- Allen v. McPhee, 240 S.W.3d 803 (Tenn. 2007) (on Brief)
- Walker v. Louisville Ladder, Inc., 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9917 (E.D. Tenn., Feb. 9, 2009)
- Rennell v. Through the Green, Inc., 2009 Tenn. App. LEXIS 525 (Tenn. Ct. App., July 31, 2009)
- Gilley v. Gilley, 2010 Tenn. App. LEXIS 32 (Tenn. Ct. App., Jan. 20, 2010)
- Defending multiple national financial institutions and mortgage companies in the Tennessee state and federal courts
- Currently representing multiple international manufacturing clients in product liability matters before Tennessee State and Federal courts
- Extensive experience with motions practice and bench trials in the Tennessee Circuit and Chancery Courts and arguments before Tennessee Court of Appeals
- Currently serving as Pro Bono Project Coordinator for the Nashville office of Stites & Harbison
What Clients Say
. . . smart, capable lawyer . . .
. . . attorney of the highest capability and ethical standards.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Trying the Winning Foreclosure Case," Presenter, Rossdale CLE, June 18, 2014
- "Wrongful Foreclosure: Acting Offensively May Short-Circuit the Need for a Defense," The Tennessee Banker, Vol. 101, No. 11, November 2013
Before Stites & Harbison
Lauren joined the firm after clerking for Judge Herbert C. Gill, Jr., of the Twelfth Circuit of Virginia, 2005 to 2006.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Outside of the firm, Lauren serves as the President-Elect for the Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyer's Division, and is a Board Member for the Nashville Chapter of the Washington & Lee University Alumni Association. Lauren was previously a board member for the Nashville Pro Bono Program, and served as an intern on the board of the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands. She is a member of the Belmont Inn of Court and serves on the Mentoring Committee for the Lawyers Association for Women (LAW).
Besides Stites & Harbison
Lauren is married, with a young daughter. She is an avid runner, currently trying to get back into running half-marathons.
Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2014-17)
- Nashville Chapter of Washington and Lee University Alumni Association, board member
- Nashville Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Division, board member
- Alive Hospice, volunteer
- Young Leaders Council, Class 53
- Junior League of Nashville