Our litigation and appellate practice spans all substantive legal fields. Seasoned trial lawyers, e-discovery experts, and accomplished writers of legal briefs regularly team with experienced substantive law attorneys from across the firm to deliver high quality legal services to clients needing effective representation in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings.
The following fourteen major categories listed under Litigation & Appeals Specialty Areas further describe our litigation experience in these areas. In all litigated matters, look to Stites & Harbison to:
- formulate sophisticated and effective litigation strategies
- understand and persuasively argue key legal issues
- identify, manage, and know the contents of relevant documents
- conduct effective and savvy e-discovery
- protect privileged, proprietary or confidential information
- ensure that good faith discovery responses are accurate and uniform
- prepare all witnesses for optimal deposition performance
- create and maintain databases and literature files
- identify knowledgeable and effective experts
- challenge or discredit unreliable or unscientific testimony
- use the latest courtroom technology and persuasion techniques with judges and juries
- analyze appellate issues and craft high-level, readable appellate briefs
LEXINGTON, Ky.—The Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA) has elected Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorney Cassidy Rosenthal as a Fellow in its organization.
Offsite construction is trending in the U.S. All one needs to do is perform a quick Google search to see that offsite projects are impacting US markets from coast to coast.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC announced today that five attorneys have been promoted within the law firm effective January 2019.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC announces the addition of three attorneys to the firm. Two are based in the Louisville, Ky., office; one is based in the Lexington, Ky., office. All are admitted to practice in Kentucky.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—The 2019 edition of Kentucky Super Lawyers recently honored 42 Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorneys in the Covington, Frankfort, Lexington and Louisville, Ky., offices. The publication named 33 attorneys to the Super Lawyers list and nine attorneys to the Rising Stars list.
This article is designed to provide you with two unique perspectives of young lawyers at the fall meeting. The first from a first-time attendee and a YLD Ambassador at the Fall Meeting, Aaron Klein.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. —Williamson, Inc. recently appointed Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorney John Wingo to its 2019 board of directors. He will serve a three-year term.
Presentation given by Ian Ramsey and K. Scott Barnhill, P.E., Investigative Forensic Specialists, PLLC at the DRI's Fire Science and Litigation conference in Washington, D.C.
In a divided opinion, the Sixth Circuit recently ruled that the common law “tender back” doctrine is inconsistent with the remedial purposes of Title VII and the Equal Pay Act (“EPA”).