LOUISVILLE, Ky.—The Best Lawyers in America©, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession, has named 11 attorneys from Stites & Harbison, PLLC as “Lawyer of the Year” for 2018. Only one lawyer in each high-profile legal specialty in large legal communities is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.” The honored attorneys named include:
- W. Bradford Boone - Lexington Tax Law Lawyer of the Year
- Mark R. Overstreet - Lexington Administrative / Regulatory Law Lawyer of the Year
- Elizabeth Lee Thompson - Lexington Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law Lawyer of the Year
- Ashley W. Ward - Lexington Product Liability Litigation – Defendants Lawyer of the Year
- John A. Bartlett - Louisville Litigation – ERISA Lawyer of the Year
- Joel T. Beres - Louisville Trademark Law Lawyer of the Year
- Joseph L. Hardesty - Louisville Litigation – Construction Lawyer of the Year
- William E. Hellmann - Louisville Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year
- Marc S. Murphy - Louisville Criminal Defense: White-Collar Lawyer of the Year
- Alexandra MacKay - Nashville Trademark Law Lawyer of the Year
- Gregory D. Smith - Nashville Family Law Lawyer of the Year
Of special note, seven of Stites & Harbison’s honored attorneys for 2018 have received the “Lawyer of the Year” honor two or more times — John Bartlett, Joel Beres, Joseph Hardesty, Alexandra MacKay, Mark Overstreet, Gregory Smith and Ashley Ward.
The Best Lawyers in America© is a nationally recognized referral guide to the legal profession that has been published since 1983. Attorneys selected for the publication are reviewed by professional peers through an extensive survey.