The attorneys of Stites & Harbison’s Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Service Group advise and represent clients in workout negotiations, default and foreclosure and actions in state courts, and in contested matters and adversary proceedings arising under Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. We also handle creditor defense and bankruptcy litigation.
Our experience includes:
- Financial institution representation
- Creditor defense and bankruptcy litigation
- Work for secured creditors, trade and other unsecured creditors, landlords, insurance companies, equipment lessors, creditors' committees, indenture trustees, liquidating trustees and preference- and fraudulent-conveyance defendants
Members of the Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Service Group regularly partner with members of other Stites & Harbison practice groups including Environmental and Natural Resources, Intellectual Property, Construction, Real Estate and Banking, and Health Care to negotiate and litigate complex issues in United States Bankruptcy Courts from coast to coast.
- Represented the D-I-P lender and successful purchaser in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a hospital.
- Successfully negotiated an 11 U.S.C. Section 363 sale of all of the hospital's assets to the client within 90 days of the petition.
- Handled two foreclosures of entire subdivision developments in Southern Indiana.
- Representing a hedge fund, obtained a favorable judgment against the guarantor to recover fraudulent transfer.
- Representing a title insurance company in litigation brought by Chapter 11 debtor's mortgage warehouse lender.
- Seeking judgment and possession of Limobus in Jefferson County, Kentucky.
LEXINGTON, Ky.—Leadership Lexington has selected Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorney Chrisandrea L. Turner as a member of the 2023-24 Leadership Lexington program.
Attorneys Brian Pollock, Chrisandrea Turner, and Corey Dunn authored this Practice Note summarizing selected rules of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC welcomes attorney Joseph V. Ronderos, Jr., to the firm’s Nashville, Tenn., office. He joins the Business Litigation Service Group. His practice focuses on financial services, product liability and business litigation.
The Breakers, One South County Road, Palm Beach, FL 33480
Don't miss the 56th GDLA Annual Meeting at The Breakers in Palm Beach, Florida from June 15-18. Earn CLE hours* and network with your friends and colleagues at various social events. Atlanta office attorney Jennifer Guerra will be a speaker at the event.
Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, 1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, Ky. 40511
Where can you find the latest information on Kentucky and federal environmental policies and regulations, as well as information on new environmental compliance mandates? The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce will provide this and more at our annual Kentucky Environmental Conference. You will leave this conference with a detailed, up-to-the-minute review of major environmental regulatory issues that affect your facility. Environmental attorney Jennifer Cave will be a speaker.