Stites & Harbison recognizes that having the right people onboard is critical to our success as a firm. Every individual plays an important role. That is true for our attorneys, administrative professionals, paralegals, and professional support personnel.
Legal Assistant* - Louisville, Ky. Office
Stites & Harbison, PLLC, a full-service law firm, is looking for a full-time Legal Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to our busy attorneys in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Draft standard pleadings, correspondence, memoranda, and other documents.
- Handle Federal/State/Appellate court e-filings.
- Document management including filing, indexing, scanning, saving, and organizing.
- Publish conflict checks, process new matter requests, draft engagement letters, and update client and contact lists.
- Review/release daily time entries for assigned attorneys utilizing firm approved narrative guidelines.
- Manage client billing matters; review and edit pre-bills in collaboration with designated billing coordinator.
- Process expense reimbursements via Chrome River.
- 3+ years of law firm administrative experience.
- Experience with Office 365 with proficient use of Word (with Track Changes) and Excel.
- Technical knowledge to learn service group-specific software.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading, as well as strong organizational skills.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Laura Cassaro.
*We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. Stites & Harbison is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Stites & Harbison, PLLC ranks in the Top 10 “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” for 2023 in the medium company category. The firm has made the list 17 times — 10 of those in the Top 10.
Notice to Recruiters and Search Firms: Stites & Harbison will only accept submissions if a signed, current fee agreement is in place.
If you are interested in a position within one of our offices, please submit a cover letter and resume to the following:
1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 325
Alexandria, VA 22314
Atlanta, GA; Franklin, Memphis and Nashville, TN
401 Commerce Street, Suite 800
Nashville, TN 37219
Covington, Frankfort and Lexington, KY
250 West Main Street, Suite 2300
Lexington, KY 40507
Louisville, KY and Jeffersonville, IN
400 West Market Street, Suite 1800
Louisville, KY 40202