Summer E. Young, Ph.D.
Location: Nashville, TN
Summer Young is an attorney in the firm's Nashville office where she is a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Service Group.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Substituted indoles as selective protease activated receptor 4 (PAR-4) antagonists," Heidi E. Hamm, Shaun R. Stauffer, Craig W. Lindsley, Wandog Wen, Summer E. Young, Matthew T. Duvernay, Kayla J. Temple, U.S. Patent No. 9,572,794, Publication Date: February 21, 2017
- "Development of a Series of (1-Benzyl-3(6-methoxypyrimidin-3-yl)-5-(trifluoromethoxy)-1H-indol-2-yl)methanols as Selective Protease Activated Receptor 4 (PAR4) Antagonists with in Vivo Utility and Activity Against y-Thrombin," Kayla J. Temple, Matthew T. Duvernay, Summer E. Young, Wandong Wen, Wenjun Uw, Jae G. Maeng, Anna L. Blobaum, Shaun R. Stauffer, Heidi E. Hamm, Craig W. Lindsley, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016. 59(16)7690-7695
- "A Novel Selective PAR4 Antagonist: ML354," Summer E. Young, Matthew T. Duvernay, Michael L. Schulte, Kellie D. Nance, Bruce J. Melancon, Julie Engers, Michael R. Wood, Heidi E. Hamm, Craig W. Lindsley, National Center for Biotechnology Information (US), 2015
- "Substituted Indoles as Selective Protease Activated Receptor 4 (PAR-4) Antagonists:," Substituted Indoles as Selective Protease Activated Receptor 4 (PAR-4) Antagonists: Discovery and SAR of ML354, Wandong Wen, Summer E. Young, Matthew T. Duvernay, Michael L. Schulte, Kellie D. Nance, Bruce J. Melancon, Julie Engers, Charles W. Locuson, Michael J. Wood, J. Scott Daniels, Wenjun Wu, Craig W. Lindsley, Heidi E. Hamm, Shaun R. Stauffer, Bioorganic & Medical Chemistry Letters, 2014. 24(19) 4708-4713
- "Protease Activated Receptor (PAR)1 and PAR4 Differentially Regulate Factor V Expression from Human Platelets," Matthew Duvernay, Summer Young, David Gailani, Jonathan Schoenecker, Heidi Hamm, Molecular Pharmacology, 2013. 83(4) 781-792
- "Synthesis of Indolederived Protease Activated Receptor 4 Antagonists and Characterization in Human Platelets," Summer E. Young, Matthew T. Duvernay, Michael L. Schulte, Craig W. Lindsley, Heidi H. Hamm, Plos One, 2013. 8(6) e65528
- "Reactivity of the C2'Oxidized Abasic Lesion and Its Relevance to Interactions with Type I Base Excision Repair Enzymes," Marc M. Greenberg, Courtney R. Kreller, Summer E. Young, Jaeseung Kim, Chemical Research in Toxicology, 2006. 19(3) 463-468
Before Stites & Harbison
Summer has served as a technical advisor for the firm's Intellectual Property & Technology Service Group since July 2015. Prior to joining the firm, Summer worked as a law clerk for Vanderbilt Office of the General Counsel (Summer 2015) as well as served as a Pharmacology Research Fellow at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2013-14). She also served as an intern for Vanderbilt University Center for Technology Transfer & Commercialization (2012-13).
Besides Stites & Harbison
In her off time, Summer enjoys working as an amateur photographer.