J. David Wicker
Location: Nashville, TN
David Wicker’s practice includes all aspects pertaining to the development, acquisition, sale, and financing of commercial real estate. From obtaining financing and acquiring the raw land to the project's development, lease-up and ultimate disposition, he represents owners, developers, lenders, and other participants in a wide array of real estate transactions. His practice also regularly involves providing guidance on corporate and commercial transactions, forming and modifying business entities and joint ventures, and the documentation of syndicated credit facilities, asset-based loans, real estate financing, and the extension of credit to various types of businesses.
- Representation of a developer in connection with its multifamily and mixed-use projects in Nashville including entity formation, acquisition of real property, and construction and permanent financing.
- Representation of a privately held telecommunications company on the commercial leasing of its facilities in South Carolina, Texas, Georgia, and Minnesota.
- Representation of a developer in raw land acquisition, development, and leasing of multiple shopping centers in Tennessee.
- Representation of a privately held company on the refinancing of its hotel and commercial projects in Tennessee.
- Representation of a public REIT on the real estate aspects of the acquisition, financing, and management of its various assisted living facilities in Michigan, Washington, and Virginia.
- Representation of a developer in acquisition and related financing of a historic downtown Nashville building, the restructuring of it into a mixed-use development, and commercial leasing of the same.
- Representation of a privately held company in the acquisition of multiple assisted living facilities located in Wisconsin.
- Representation of a privately held company on the financing and leasing of its restaurant locations in Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Alabama.
- Representation of lenders and borrowers on commercial middle market revolving and term loan facilities ranging from $1 million to $21 million.
- Representation of lenders in connection with construction loans and permanent real estate secured loans pertaining to raw land acquisition, industrial properties, hotels, and office and retail space.
- Representation of lenders in connection with acquisition loans spanning a diverse array of industries typically involving intercreditor relationships such as mezzanine financing.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Tennessee Series LLC Basics: Liability Separation with a Single Entity," with Michael S. Goode, Stites & Harbison Legal Update, April 25, 2016
Before Stites & Harbison
Before joining the firm, David had his own real estate law firm in Nashville.
More Than Stites & Harbison
David is active in the Davidson County community and currently serves on the board of Margaret Maddox YMCA, and is a member of the Rotary Club of Nashville as well as the MLS2Nashville committee. He has previously served on boards such as the Metropolitan Nashville Sports Authority, Friends of Shelby Park, the Tennessee Chapter of Community Associations Institute, and the Nashville Education, Community and Arts Television Corporation. He also is an active fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee.
Besides Stites & Harbison
When not in the office, David can usually be found attending a show at the historic Ryman Auditorium or taunting the opposing team at a Nashville Predators hockey game. He also enjoys running and has completed the Country Music Marathon (2006, 2007) and the NYC Marathon (2015).
2017 Attorney for Justice Pro Bono Honor Roll, Tennessee Supreme Court
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and YP Nashville, 2017 Nashville Emerging Leaders Awards Finalist
Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law Class of 2013
American Bar Association, 2010-12 Business Law Section Fellow
Nashville Young Leaders Council, Class of 2010
- Margaret Maddox YMCA, Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Nashville, Member
- MLS2Nashville, Committee Member
- Tennessee Supreme Court honors Ashley Goins and David Wicker for Pro Bono Service
- David Wicker named a finalist for the 2017 Nashville Emerging Leaders Award
- David Wicker named to MLS2Nashville Committee
- David Wicker Appointed to Tennessee Bar Association’s Real Estate Section Executive Council
- Stites & Harbison grows its Tennessee presence - Adds three real estate attorneys