Professionalism, Ethics and Malpractice
|Date:||Apr 28, 2022|
|Time:||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
Livestream or In-Person at State Bar of Georgia, Bar Center, 104 Marietta Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia
Presented by the State Bar of Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education
Under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering State Bar of Georgia premises, or premises occupied or leased by the State Bar of Georgia if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. Attendees and guests are assuming this risk by entering such premises. Any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against the State Bar of Georgia for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the State Bar of Georgia.
Click here for the full brochure and to register.
- 8:00 IN-PERSON REGISTRATION OPENS
- 8:30 PROGRAM OVERVIEW AND INTRODUCTION - Jeffrey M. Smith
- 8:40 DOING BUSINESS WITH CLIENTS - Paula J. Frederick, General Counsel, State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta, GA
- 9:25 LEGAL MALPRACTICE INSURANCE: ARE YOU COVERED? - Shannon M. Sprinkle, Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group, Stites & Harbison PLLC, Atlanta, GA
- 10:00 BREAK
- 10:10 ENGAGEMENT AGREEMENTS, NON-ENGAGEMENT AGREEMENTS AND DISENGAGEMENT AGREEMENTS - Christine L. Mast, Hawkins Parnell & Young LLP,
- 10:55 DISCOVERY ABUSES: SURVEILLANCE TECHNIQUES - J. Benjamin Finley, The Finley Firm, P.C., Columbus, GA
- 11:30 DISTINCTION BETWEEN CLIENTS AND THIRD PARTIES - Jeffrey M. Smith
- 11:50 ADJOURN