Managed care continues to have a tremendous impact on health care. Our health law practitioners provide a full range of services related to managed care arrangements including all aspects of HMO and PPO development, acquisition and sale, managed care joint ventures, independent practice associations (IPAs), and physician-hospital organizations (PHOs).
Our services include:
- Determination of appropriate structures and business forms
- Preparation of contracts with providers and payors
- Preparation of contracts with Medicare and federal employees
- Review of fraud and abuse, Stark, and reimbursement issues
- Insurance regulatory compliance and other state department of insurance matters
- Securities exemptions, offerings and registration matters
- Drafting and negotiating managed care contracts (e.g., Preferred Provider Arrangements, Participating Provider Agreements, Network Access Agreements, etc.)
- Form filings with state departments of insurance
- Administrative proceedings before state departments of insurance
- Development of internal policies and procedures for HMOs, PPOs, and other health insurers (e.g., utilization review, internal appeal and grievance procedures, etc.)
- Counsel on federal regulatory law impacting health insurance and managed care (e.g., HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA and Medicare Part D)
- Representing managed care clients in mergers and acquisitions
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC is pleased to announce that attorney K. Kelly White Bryant has been promoted to Chair of the firm’s Health Care Service Group.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—The American Bar Association (ABA) Health Law Section has ranked Stites & Harbison, PLLC in its Tenth Annual Regional Top 10 Law Firm Recognition List of Top 10. The firm ranked 8th in the inaugural National Top 10 list and 4th in the South Top 10 list. Stites & Harbison has been honored nine consecutive times to the South list.
Central Bank Center, 430 W Vine Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40507
Stites & Harbison attorneys Sarah Spurlock, Ameena Khan and Shea Luna will be speakers at this year's Kentucky Hospital Association Convention in Lexington, Ky.