Stites & Harbison's mergers and acquisitions attorneys regularly represent acquirers, targets, financial advisors and other parties in transactions ranging from small, privately negotiated transfers of shares or assets to acquisitions involving public companies. Members of our M&A team have represented clients in a broad range of matters relating to:
- Public and private stock and asset acquisitions and sales
- Negotiated mergers
- "Rollups" involving multiple parties
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Acquisitions and dispositions of private equity portfolio companies
- Takeover defenses
- Transactions involving the purchase or disposition of assets by ESOPs
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
We regularly represent and advise:
- Strategic and financial buyers
- Independent business sellers
- Private equity groups
- Management groups and equity rollover participants in management buyouts and other public to private transactions
- Target company boards of directors
- Portfolio companies of investment funds, in the negotiation of the investment transactions and in post-investment corporate governance and commercial matters
Because we are a full service firm, our M&A team has the support of a broad range of experience from lawyers in our other practice areas, including antitrust, tax, finance and capital markets, intellectual property, bankruptcy, executive employment and compensation, general employment, employee benefits and ERISA, real estate, environmental, natural resources, healthcare, administrative law and litigation and dispute resolution.
Our diverse M&A practice offers our clients a broad range of industry experience, including healthcare, manufacturing, energy and natural resources, banking and financial services, technology and telecommunications.
LEXINGTON, Ky.—The Bluegrass Area Chapter of the American Red Cross has elected Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorney Brady W. Dunnigan to its Board of Directors. He will serve an initial two-year term.
Rachel Owsley and Daniel Boswell take a look at what registering to do business in a state may mean in regards to jurisdiction in this Stites & Harbison Client Alert.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC has named attorney W. Thomas Halbleib, Jr., as its Louisville Office Executive Member.