Brian R. Pollock
Location: Louisville, KY
Brian is an attorney in the Louisville office where he is a member of the Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Service Group.
Brian's practice focuses on lender liability matters, commercial and residential foreclosures, defense of avoidance and preference actions, representation of creditors in bankruptcy court, and commercial litigation. Brian edits and contributes to Creditors' Sidebar, a legal blog focused on bankruptcy and creditors' rights issues.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Did I Forget to Turn Off the Stove? What Can Happen If You Forget to Dismiss a Settled Case," with Katrina L. Miller, Creditors' Sidebar blog post, January 2016
- "Until Debt Do Us Part: Eighth Circuit Creates Split on Violation of ECOA for Spousal Guaranties," with Richard A. Vance, The Banking Law Journal, September 2015
- "Hot Topics in Banking and Real Estate Litigation," with W. Blaine Early III, Chrisandrea L. Turner, Richard A. Vance, Keeneland, April 23, 2015
- "Target Data Breach Opens Potential Recovery Path for Financial Institutions," with Ian T. Ramsey, Sarah Cronan Spurlock, Stites & Harbison Client Alert, March 4, 2015
- "Until Debt Do Us Part: Eighth Circuit Creates Split on Violation of ECOA for Spousal Guaranties," with Richard A. Vance, Stites & Harbison Client Update, February 23, 2015
- "Ensuring that Security Agreements and Financing Statements are Valid," Protecting Creditors' Rights, Sterling Education Services, September 10, 2014
Before Stites & Harbison
Prior to joining the firm, Brian served as a federal judicial law clerk for the Honorable Thomas H. Fulton of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky. Before pursuing his legal career, Brian coordinated the educational and special events programming at the Filson Historical Society for five years.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Outside of the firm, Brian is active on the board of Cedar Ridge Camp, serving as president in 2013. He regularly volunteers with Habitat for Humanity, mainly with the construction crew. Brian is also an active member of Harvey Browne Presbyterian Church.
Besides Stites & Harbison
Brian enjoys working with his hands, whether it be landscaping, construction and home maintenance, or cooking. When not complaining about an injury, he also enjoys running and other outdoor activities.
- Cedar Ridge Camp, president (2013) and board member
- Habitat for Humanity, volunteer