|Date:||Nov 09, 2022|
|Time:||12:00 p.m. ET - 1:30 p.m. ET|
Presented by In-House Connect for the IHC Essential Series
Sponsored by Stites & Harbison, PLLC
About the Event
In good times, bad times, and unpredictable times, class actions remain a constant in litigation. Class action defense spending reportedly reached a record high in 2021, and it is expected that 2022 spending will be even higher. Knowing how class actions work—and the best strategies to resolve them efficiently and effectively—is a critical part of risk management for any legal department.
Join us at 12pm ET on Wednesday November 9, as Chadwick A. McTighe, Co-Chair of the firm’s Class Action Practice Team at Stites & Harbison, PLLC, discusses effective strategies in defending against class actions and identify current and anticipated trends in terms of the types of class actions being filed and key legal issues making their way through the courts. Discussion topics will include:
- An overview of class actions and common defense strategies
- Current class action trends, including court rulings, and
- A deep dive into the trends and legal decisions that are impacting data breach litigation
Attendees will learn what’s happening now with Class Actions and how best to prepare your organization.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for in-house counsel who are responsible for managing or engaging in litigation and are interested in better understanding Class Actions.
- This program is approved for CLE credit in the following states: PA, CA
- This program is pending CLE credit in the following states: NY, IL, TN, TX, OH, MN, NC, WA, GA, IN, KY, MO
- This program is pending CPD credit by the Law Societies of British Columbia and Ontario. For Alberta lawyers, consider including this course as a CPD learning activity in your annual Continuing Professional Development Plan.
- This program is pending CLE credit for self-application by the attorney or for reciprocal CLE credit in the following states: AZ, CO, CT, FL, ME, MT, NJ, & ND.
- This program is appropriate for newly admitted attorneys and experienced attorneys.
There is NO COST to attend this program! This program is FREE thanks to our gracious sponsor, Stites & Harbison, PLLC!
After Audience Q&A, all are invited to engage in virtual networking (video cameras ON), where you can meet our speakers, share best practices, and network with in-house counsel and legal professionals from across North America!
Click here for more information and to register.