2021 Women in Litigation Joint CLE Conference
|Date:||Nov 17-19, 2021|
Boston Park Plaza, 50 Park Plaza at Arlington Street, Boston, MA 02116-39014
Presented by the American Bar Association Litigation Section
Join us for the Women in Litigation Joint CLE Conference as we highlight women leading for success in the courtroom, in the judiciary, and in the profession. The ABA Litigation Section's Woman Advocate Committee (WAC), along with the Women in Insurance Network (WIN), Women in Products Liability (WIPL), and Women in Securities Litigation (WISL) Subcommittees partner to offer this renowned event.
This empowering conference will include 16 dynamic programs highlighting women leaders, emotional intelligence, and the gender gap.
There will be multiple opportunities to network during the programming breaks and breakfasts, as well as at the Welcome Reception, Keynote Lunch, Reception & Dinner Event and the Networking Lunch.
You'll have the opportunity to learn from leading litigators from across the nation and introduce yourself to judges, expert litigators, and in-house counsel. You don't want to miss out! Register Today!
All times are listed in Eastern time. Schedule is subject to change.
Wednesday, November 17
- 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Plenary: A Tribute to Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Welcome Reception
Thursday, November 18
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Mental Health & Wellness Activity
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Networking Breakfast
- 9:00 AM - 9:15 AM Welcome Remarks
- 9:15 AM - 10:45 AM
Plenary: Looking in from the Outside: Leveraging Emotional Intelligence to Navigate Barriers and Thrive
- 10:45 AM - 11:00 AM Networking Break
- 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout: Diminished Capacity Issues in Financial Services Disputes: What Litigators Need to Know
- Breakout: Hot Topics in Insurance Law (That Aren't Related to COVID-19)
- Breakout: The Importance of Demonstratives at Trials
- 12:15 PM - 1:45 PM Keynote Lunch: Hon. Nancy Gertner (Ret.) (Ticketed)
- 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout: 2021 Securities Litigation and Enforcement Year in Review
- Breakout: Protecting the Boardroom: Understanding Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Issues
- Breakout: Is Quarantine to Blame for Increased Consumer Litigation? - According to a report issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, a year of being largely quarantined at home has led to a significant increase in consumer productrelated injuries. This panel will review the statistics, discuss the products involved, and address how these injuries will likely lead to new litigation. Moderator: Jennifer L. Bullard, Bowman and Brooke LLP, Minneapolis, MN Speakers: Marianne C. LeBlanc, Sugarman, Boston, MA; Whitney Frazier Watt, Stites & Harbison PLLC, Louisville, KY
- 3:15 PM - 3:30 PM Networking Break
- 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Plenary: Judicial Involvement Promoting Diversity in Legal Leadership: Perspectives from the Bench, the Bar, and Academia
- 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Reception & Dinner Event (Ticketed)
Friday, November 19
- 7:15 AM - 8:15 AM Mental Health & Wellness Breakfast: Current Issues in Women’s Health and Wellness
- 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM
Plenary: Stop Video!: How to Avoid Common Ethical Mistakes When Practicing Online
- 9:45 AM - 10:00AM Networking Break
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Breakout: Expungement, Defamation, and Wrongful Termination: Navigating the Nuances of FINRA Employment Arbitration
- Breakout: Have the Hackers Finally Ransomed Cyber Coverage?
- Breakout: The Feminine Technique: The Benefits of Hiring Women Litigators for Litigation About Products for Women
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM Networking Break
- 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout: Going, Going, But Not Yet Gone: The Stubborn Gender Gap in Financial Services Litigation
- Breakout: Use of Experts in Insurance Coverage Litigation: Overview, Recent Trends, and Practical Dos and Don’ts
- Breakout: When the Settlement is Just the Beginning
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM Networking Lunch: General Counsel Forum (Ticketed)