|Date:||Sep 13-14, 2018|
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort, 1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY40511
Presented by UK Law Continuing Legal Education in partnership with the Kentucky Bar Association Health Law Section and Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys
Thursday, September 13, 2018
- "Lessons Learned from Leasing: A Blueprint for Aligning Physician Practices with Health Systems," Alice G. Gosfield, Gosfield & Associates, P.C.
- "Anatomy of a False Claim - Version 2.0," Robert J. Benvenuti, III, Barnett Benvenuti & Butler, PLLC and Melinda Blanche, Chief Compliance Office, Lexington Clinic
- "30 Years in the Trenches: A False Claims Act Litigator's Unique Perspectives," Marc S. Raspanti, Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP
- "From the Front Lines: Duty to Warn and Involuntary Commitment," Chip Adams, III, Attorney at Law and Sam Steger, Calloway County Sheriff
- "Executive Compensation in Healthcare: Tips and Traps," Thomas K. Hyatt, Dentons
- "Moral Dilemmas and Legal Ethics for the Healthcare Attorney," Rick King, Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Appalachian Regional Healthcare; Thomas K. Hyatt, Dentons; Daniel C. Soldato, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs LLP
- "A Rock and a Hard Place: Payer Reimbursement for ED Visits and Other Conundrums," James A. Dietz, Frost Brown Todd LLC and Sarah Charles Wright, Sturgill, Turner, Barker & Moloney, PLLC
- "Quck Talk: The Snare of Charity Care: 501(r) Tripwires," Michael Fine, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs LLP
- "Kentucky's Independent Licensure Boards: Antitrust, KRS 13B & Due Process," Carole D. Christian (Panelist & Moderator), Wyatt Tarrant & Combs LLC; Mark R. Brengelman, Attorney at Law; Janet M. Hall, Former CHFS Hearing Officer
Friday, September 14, 2018
- "Pings That Go Bump in the Night: A Discussion of Health Care, Cybersecurity Threats, Prevention Tips, and Mitigation Tactics," Sarah Cronan Spurlock (Moderator & Panelist), Stites & Harbison, PLLC, Louisville office; Tim Roberts, Sr., Security Consultant, NTT Security's Threat Services Group; Earl Rose IV, Senior Intellegence Officer, Department of Homeland Security
- "Aligning Patient and Provider: Can Kentucky Be an Innovator in Liability Reform?," Wesley R. Butler (Moderator), Barnett Benvenuti & Butler PLLC; Chad Meredith, Deputy General Counsel, Office of the Governor; Margaret M. Pisacano, Deputy General Counsel for Medical Risk, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center; Senator Ralph Alvarado, M.D., Kentucky Legislature
- "Medicaid Waiver: Making the Most of Section 1115," Theodore T. Myre, Jr. (Moderator), Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs LLC; Kristi Putnam, Program Manger, Kentucky Health 115 Medicaid Waiver, Cabinet for Health and Family Services; Mark B. Carter, CEO, Passport Health Plan; Ben Chandler, President & CEO, Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky; Joe Grossman, President & CEO, Appalachian Regional Healthcare, Inc.
- "Guardianship, Levels of Care & Asset Protection Planning, Marian J. Hayden, Cull & Hayden, PSC and Amy E. Dougherty, Bluegrass Elderlaw, PLLC
- "Quick Talk: The False Claim Name Game: Yates, Escobar, and Brand," Ozair M. Shariff, Stites & Harbison, PLLC, Louisville office
- "Legal Ethics in Legal Writing for the Healthcare Attorney," Melissa N. Henke, Robert G. Lawson & William H. Fortune Associate Professor of Law and Director of Legal Writing Research and Writing, University of Kentucky College of Law; Kristin J. Hazelwood, Spears-Gilbert Associate Professor of Law, University of Kentucky College of Law
Click here for more information.