Attorneys of Stites & Harbison's Intellectual Property and Technology (IPT) Service Group have substantial experience with the ever-changing legal and business issues associated with the commercial use of the Internet, private networks, and related telecommunications technology.---
Attorneys of Stites & Harbison's Intellectual Property and Technology (IPT) Service Group have substantial experience with the ever-changing legal and business issues associated with the commercial use of the Internet, private networks, and related telecommunications technology. Our attorneys have counseled high-tech and low-tech companies, along with start-ups and mature companies, in a broad range of industries ranging from banking and health care to biotech and manufacturing.
Our IPT Group has substantial experience in e-commerce and Internet matters involving software development, licensing and distribution, and technology transfers. Our attorneys also regularly counsel clients about consumer and commercial Internet advertising, privacy laws, compliance with the Federal Trade Commission Act and conducting online sweepstakes, plus other electronic marketing techniques. Our attorneys also have broad experience in both information technology and business process outsourcing (BPO), including competitive procurements and sole source procurements.
The IPT Group negotiates and drafts many different kinds of technology-related agreements, including:
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) agreements
- Domain name assignment and sale agreements
- Internet linking agreements
- Click-wrap and shrink-wrap agreements
- Software and end user license agreements
- Software escrow agreements
- Online contests and sweepstakes agreements
- Co-branding and Internet marketing agreements
- Web site hosting agreements
- Web site development agreements
- Application Service Provider Agreements
- Software-As-A-Service agreements
- Software and technology distribution and reseller agreements
- Strategic alliance and joint development agreements
Our attorneys have also helped a broad range of clients take advantage of the laws regarding electronic contracting and record retention. Examples include the federal electronic signature law, E-Sign, and the uniform state laws regarding electronic commerce.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC announced today that five attorneys have been promoted within the law firm effective January 2019.