L. Lou Allen
Location: Atlanta, GA
L. Lou Allen is a Member of the Firm and is head of the Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Service Group in the Firm's Atlanta office.
Ms. Allen's practice is focused on the representation of institutional lenders and servicers throughout the State of Georgia She represents clients in all aspects of creditor' rights including foreclosure, bankruptcy, workouts and litigation. Ms. Allen has represented institutional lenders throughout her entire 26 years of practice. She is also knowledgeable in the areas of real estate, commercial and consumer law.
Ms. Allen is a former Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee for the Northern District of Georgia. Ms. Allen served on the private panel of trustees from 1989 to 2007. Ms. Allen is also a member of the Florida Bar.
- Represented lender in foreclosure of a large medical complex
- Represented lender in foreclosure of a major office building in downtown Atlanta
- Represented institutional lender in workout of multi-million dollar credit facility involving a shopping center
- Represents every major loss share financial institution in Georgia
Speaking Engagements & Publications
Lou is a lecturer for the State Bar of Georgia Continuing Legal Education and the United States Trustee Continuing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee Legal Education.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Prior to law school, Ms. Allen owned and operated the first fine dining restaurant in the Virginia-Highlands area of Atlanta. Ms. Allen is a former high school teacher and a past adjunct professor at the Georgia State University of Law. She is also an avid swimmer and golfer, and is a member of the hole-in-one club!
Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Fannin County Chamber of Commerce, Member