John W. Pollom
Location: Lexington, KY
John Pollom is a Member of the firm located in the Lexington office and is a member of the Business Litigation Service Group. He is experienced in matters related to medical and professional malpractice litigation, product liability defense, financial institutions litigation, insurance coverage, and civil litigation defense, including toxic tort.
- Recently obtained successful verdict in favor of local veterinary hospital establishing insurance coverage against state agency attempting to deny such coverage existed
- Successfully argued for pre-discovery dismissal of litigation seeking to establish insurance coverage following automobile accident
- Won defense verdict for Kentucky hospital in trial alleging medical negligence
- Successfully negotiated early dismissals of lawsuits alleging improper actions by national mortgage lenders
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Insurance Policy Construction in Kentucky," a chapter in Reasonable Expectations: Interpreting Insurance Policies in Common Law Jurisdictions, American Bar Association, September 2016
- "Quarantines In Kentucky: The State’s Role, Rights, and Responsibilities," Stites & Harbison Client Alert, June 1, 2015
- "Medical Review Panels, A Step Forward for Kentucky?," Stites & Harbison Client Update, February 10, 2015
- "Medical Review Panels, A Step Forward for Kentucky?," Medical News, February 9, 2015
- "Do Bacteria and Other Living Things Qualify as ‘Pollution’ Under Insurance Policies?," Becker's Hospital Review, April 2013
Before Stites & Harbison
Prior to joining Stites & Harbison, John was a research assistant at William and Mary School of Law from May 2004 to 2006. He also worked as a clerk/intern for the Honorable James Keller, Kentucky Supreme Court in Lexington during the summer of 2004.
More Than Stites & Harbison
John is a member of the Leadership Kentucky Class of 2016. He currently serves as President of the Hanover College Alumni Board of Directors, is a former member of the Board of Directors for Actor's Guild of Lexington, and is a member of Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church in Lexington.
Besides Stites & Harbison
John is a long-suffering fan of the Chicago Cubs, and enjoys a yearly trip to a different major league ballpark. In his spare time, John enjoys reading and has recently started playing tennis and golf with limited amounts of success.
- Hanover College Alumni Board of Directors, President
- Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church, Member
- Leadership Kentucky, Class of 2016