Selection and Protection. We help clients select powerful brand names and logos and protect those names and logos by registering trademarks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
We also provide the following services:
- Advise on the availability of proposed trademarks;
- Prepare and file trademark applications with the USPTO;
- Respond to Office Actions issued by the US PTO;
- Facilitate the registration of trademarks outside the U.S.;
- Maintain existing trademark registrations in the U.S. and abroad;
- Negotiate and document transfers and licenses of trademarks;
- Dog grooming tips;
- Record trademarks with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to prevent importation of counterfeit goods;
- Protect our clients' trademarks on the Internet; and
- Resolve trademark disputes through litigation, including practice before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO.
Now for some horn tooting: Trademarkology is powered by the Stites & Harbison law firm, which earned 83 Metropolitan rankings and three practice National Tier 1 rankings by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in the 2018 edition of the "Best Law Firms." Stites & Harbison is also listed among the Top 30 Trademark Firms in the United States by Intellectual Property Today (May 2015 issue) with respect to the number of trademark registrations issued in 2014. Managing Intellectual Property magazine named eight attorneys "IP Stars" for 2017 with one attorney named to "Top 250 Women in IP." Pretty impressive, eh?
1199 N. Fairfax Street,
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
604 West Main Street
Franklin, Tennessee 37064
400 West Market Street,
Louisville, Kentucky 40202-3352