LOUISVILLE, Ky.—The Best Lawyers in America®, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession, has named six Stites & Harbison attorneys as Lawyers of the Year for 2011. Only one lawyer in each high-profile legal specialty in each large legal community is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.” The honored attorneys named include:
- Philip W. Collier – Louisville Bet-the-Company Litigator of the Year
- Charles J. Cronan IV – Louisville Health Care Lawyer of the Year
- Douglass Farnsley – Louisville Product Liability Litigator of the Year
- J. David Porter – Lexington Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year
- David B. Ratterman – Louisville Construction Lawyer of the Year
- Bruce M. Reynolds – Lexington Tax Lawyer of the Year
Of special note, Stites & Harbison was one of only two firms in Kentucky to have six attorneys selected for the “Lawyer of the Year” honor, and two of our attorneys have received the honor twice. In 2009, Cronan received the Louisville Bet-the-Company Litigator of the Year honor, and in 2010, Farnsley received the Louisville Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year honor.
The lawyers honored as “Lawyers of the Year” have received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers’ surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity. Best Lawyers (www.bestlawyers.com) designates “Lawyers of the Year” in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities.
The Best Lawyers in America® is a nationally recognized referral guide to the legal profession that has been published biennially since 1983. Attorneys selected for the publication are reviewed by professional peers through an extensive survey.