|Date:||Jun 03, 2021|
|Time:||10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.|
Please join Stites & Harbison, PLLC for a webinar focusing on:
- U.S. Privacy Laws - state law activity and the outlook for federal consumer privacy legislation.
- A uniform consumer data privacy law has been a hot topic in Congress for a number of years and 2021 is no exception. Stites & Harbison attorneys will highlight recent legislative activity and discuss the outlook for a federal consumer privacy law. We will also discuss the barrage of state privacy law activity and where businesses may want to focus their attention and resources in the near future.
- FTC Enforcement - noteworthy privacy and security enforcement activities and potential impact of recent U.S. Supreme Court decision.
- Federal Trade Commission enforcement actions often address violations of consumer privacy rights and misleading privacy and data security claims. We will discuss noteworthy enforcement activity and the potential impact of a 2021 Supreme Court decision undercutting the FTC's enforcement tools.
- The COVID Effect - "work from home" risks and risk mitigation strategies for managing your remote workforce.
- The COVID-19 pandemic forced many businesses across the globe to shift to virtual workplaces with little notice, requiring quick adaption and new technology solutions to support a remote workforce. Many businesses are still working remotely and may even be contemplating a hybrid or more permanent “work from home” model going forward. We will highlight some of the risks arising from the shift to virtual work environments and strategies for mitigating risk in your organization’s remote work plans.
Sarah Spurlock - Sarah Cronan Spurlock is Co-Chair of Stites & Harbison’s Privacy & Data Security Group and a member of the firm’s Health Care Service Group. Sarah regularly advises clients on a wide range of health care and privacy matters, including fraud and abuse laws, physician and hospital contracting, information privacy and security laws, and data breach prevention and response. Her practice includes regulatory and transactional matters and health care litigation. Sarah is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and serves as the firm’s Chief Privacy Officer.
Mari-Elise Paul - Mari-Elise Paul is a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Group. Her practice concentrates on litigation involving intellectual property infringement and trade secret misappropriation, prosecuting trademark and copyright registration applications, litigating trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings as well as negotiating and drafting licenses and other contracts that involve intellectual property or technology rights. She also interacts with U.S. Customs & Border Protection to enforce trademarks through seizure orders.
Click here to register.