Drones are one of the hottest new technologies on the market. Although hobbyists fly drones for pleasure, businesses are developing new uses for drone technology daily. Soon drones could be filling our skies delivering our online purchases, pizzas, and dry cleaning. But what happens when these flying cameras violate your privacy rights? Can law enforcement use drone technology to conduct surveillance? This presentation will provide everything you need to know about this fascinating and growing field.
- 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. Networking
- 5:00 - 5:45 p.m. Presentation
- 5:45 - 6:00 p.m. Networking
Topics will include
- An examination of drone technology
- A review of new FAA regulations and Kentucky law that govern drone use
- Beneficial applications of drone technology
- The intersection of drones and surveillance
- Tort remedies when drones invade your privacy
- Best practices for operating drones
- The future of drones and drone law
- Jennifer Cave, Member, Stites & Harbison, Environmental, Natural Resources & Energy Service Group, Louisville, KY office
- Clarke Keller, Member, Stites & Harbison, Business Litigation Service Group, Lexington, KY office
- Drew Duffin, Founder / Owner, VizionAir
What to Expect
Thirsty Thursdays are networking events hosted at the Louisville office of Stites & Harbison. The program includes networking, cocktails, hor d'oeuvres and an educational presentation. Guests are invited to stay and continue networking following the completion of the presentation.
Please RSVP to Pam Keeney with the names and company names of those planning to attend. For more information, call (502) 681-0328.
Complimentary parking is available in our building's garage.
Click here for directions.