|Date:||Mar 21, 2019|
|Time:||4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
Stites & Harbison, PLLC, 401 Commerce Street, Suite 800, Nashville, TN 37219
Please join the Stites & Harbison panel of national, state and local professionals to learn about the Tennessee Opportunity Zone Initiative.
4:00-4:30 p.m. – Cocktails and Hors d'oeuvres
4:30-6:30 p.m. – Program
- Welcome and Introductions (David Wicker, Stites & Harbison, PLLC)
- Opportunities with the Opportunity Zone Program (Jim Seiffert, Stites & Harbison, PLLC)
- What You Now Know About the Opportunity Zone Program - What the Proposed Regulations Are Telling Us (John Sciarretti, Novogradac & Company)
- What To Know When Setting Up an Opportunity Zone Fund (Zachary Chavez, BQOZ, LLC)
- Update on Tennessee’s Opportunity Zone Progress (Lamont Price, TNInvestco, Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development)
- Opening the Nashville Urban Market to Opportunity Zone Investment (Matt Wiltshire, Nashville Mayor's Office of Economic and Community Development)
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 enacted the Opportunity Zone program, which creates a new community investment tool designed to drive long-term capital to eligible low-income urban and rural communities throughout the nation. It provides tax incentives for investors who re-invest their unrealized capital gains into Opportunity Funds which are dedicated to investing into Opportunity Zones. To read more about the Opportunity Zone program in a primer written by Jim and Jack Seiffert, click here.
RSVP to Pam Keeney