|Date:||Oct 28, 2022|
|Time:||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Marriott Louisville East, 1903 Embassy Square Blvd., Louisville, KY 40299
Presented by the Health Care Compliance Association
Looking for compliance training and networking in your area?
HCCA’s Regional Healthcare Compliance Conferences offer practitioners convenient, local compliance training, including updates on the latest news in regulatory requirements, enforcement, and strategies for developing and maintaining effective compliance programs within a healthcare setting.
Our educational sessions, led by experienced professionals, cover the topics you want to hear about most—from general healthcare compliance to risk management and much more. You’ll have the opportunity to earn Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® continuing education units (CEUs) and network with other professionals in your area!
Who should attend
- Compliance officers
- In house and outside general counsel
- Privacy and security officers
- Regulatory affairs
- VPs and directors
- Government agency staff
- 7:30 AM - 8:25 AM - Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:25 AM - 8:30 AM - Welcome and Announcements
- 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM - "HIPAA and Information Blocking," Jan Elezian, Consultant, SunHawk Consulting LLC
- 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM - Break
- 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM - "No More Surprises: How to Comply with the No Surprises Act, Catherine Allison," Assistant General Counsel, Univ. of Kentucky Office of Legal Counsel, Health Affairs
Noelle True, Assistant Chief Compliance Officer, University of Kentucky HealthCare
- 10:45 AM - 11:00 AM - Break
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - "Challenges and Rewards of Serving as Public Health Commissioner During a Public Health Emergency," Steven Stack, Commissioner, Commonwealth of Kentucky, Dept. for Public Health
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - "Law Enforcement Update," Jacob Williams, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM - Break
- 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM - "Implications After Dobbs for Healthcare Practitioners," Ameena Khan, Attorney, Stites & Harbison PLLC, Louisville, KY office, and Shea Luna, Counsel, Stites & Harbison PLLC, Lexington, KY office
- 3:15 PM - 3:30 PM - Break
- 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM- "Establishing an Enterprise ERM/GRC Strategy with Compliance in Mind," James Rose, Managing Director, SunHawk Consulting LLC and Elizabeth Wade, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer, Corporate Compliance, Signature Healthcare Consulting Services, LLC
CLICK HERE for more information and to register.