A merging of the Financial Professionals Conference and the Small Business Conference
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This conference was created by combining the Small Business Conference and the Financial Professionals conference. The focus will remain on small-med sized businesses and the issues that affect them.
Preparing for the winds of change:
- Tax reform
- Cybersecurity for businesses
- Rethinking traditional accounting
- Organizational reinvention
- Health care
- Organizational reinvention: The many phases of an enterprise life cycle
John Leehy, Payment Alliance, Louisville
- Economic update: What’s happening here and now
Paul Stropkay, CFA, Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co., Louisville
- Health care update: What’s on the horizon for 2017?
Debby Coons, MBA, SPHR, Aon Risk Services Central, Inc., Louisville
- Kentucky tax reform predictions: What form will it take? Will we move toward consumption-based taxes? What effect will federal tax reform have on us? This presentation will attempt to predict how tax reform may take shape.
Mark Loyd, CPA, Esq., Bingham Greenbaum Doll, Louisville
- A & A update: Revenue recognition, leasing, and other hot topics
Justin Hubbard, CPA, Dean Dorton, PLLC, Lexington
- Cybersecurity for business: Improving data security and mitigating the impact of a cyber-attack
Sarah Spurlock, JD, Stites & Harbison, Louisville
- Rethinking traditional accounting: Common issues with traditional accounting, e.g. annual budgeting, monthly close process, standard costing, and capturing costs by departmental structure
JC Wilkinson, CPA, CPIM, CGMA, Katz, Sapper & Miller, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Understanding your corporate finance alternatives in ownership transition
Tim Jamison, CPA, Prairie Capital Advisors, Louisville