|Date:||Mar 10-11, 2022|
Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, 1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511
Presented by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
The most comprehensive environmental conference in the state!
Where can you find the latest information on Kentucky and federal environmental policies and regulations, as well as information on new environmental compliance mandates? The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce will provide this and more at our annual Kentucky Environmental Conference. You will leave this conference with a detailed, up-to-the-minute review of major environmental regulatory issues that affect your facility. Register today, and we guarantee you will return to work with insights that will help you do your job better and help your company improve its compliance practices and bottom line.
Who Should Attend
This conference is ideal for new or experienced environmental management professionals, including
- Environmental directors
- Environmental managers and staff
- Facility compliance professionals
Click here for more information and to register.
Day One: Thursday, March 10, 2022
8:00 a.m. -Registration and Continental Breakfast with Sponsors
8:30 a.m. -Welcome and Overview: Robin Thomerson, Partner, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum, LLP
8:30 a.m. - The Future of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Daniel Blackman, Administrator, Region 4, U.S. EPA
9:15 a.m. - Kentucky Air Quality Update: Robin Thomerson, Partner, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum and Melissa Duff, Director, Kentucky Division for Air Quality, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection
10:30 a.m. - Navigating Waters of the United States (WOTUS): Matt Huddleston, PhD, Vice President, Environmental Services, Copperhead Consulting and Carey Johnson, Director, Division of Water, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection
11:30 p.m. - Lunch with Sponsors
12:30 p.m. -
- Session One: Breakout A: Combining the Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan and the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan: Greg Hemker, CHMM, President, EHS Technology Group, LLC:
- Session One: Breakout B: Can My Business Take the 100% Clean Energy by 2030 Pledge?: Blaine Early, Member, Stites & Harbison, PLLC, Environmental Section, Lexington, KY, and Nick Comer, External Affairs Manager, East Kentucky Power Cooperative
1:40 p.m. -
- Session Two: Breakout C: Implications of Soil Vapor Intrusion – Common Mistakes and Lessons Learned: Willie Harshaw, P.E., Senior Engineer, Linebach Funkhouser, Inc. and William Johnston, P.G., Principal Geologist, Linebach Funkhouser, Inc.
- Session Two: Breakout D: Good Intentions and Unintended Outcomes of Toxic Release Inventory Reporting: Michael (Mike) Zimmer, P.E., Principal Consultant, Trinity Consultants
2:55 p.m. -
- Session Three: Breakout E: Understanding the Emissions Inventory Survey: Daniel Porter, PhD, P.E., Environmental Engineer, Shield Environmental Associates, Inc.
- Session Three: Breakout F: Don’t Cry Over Spilt Oil! Best Practices for SPCC Compliance: Anita Evenson, Senior Consultant, Trinity Consultants and Chris Kim Kahn, Attorney, Frost Brown Todd LLC
4:00 p.m. -
- Session Four: Breakout G: Environmental Social Governance (ESG) and Your EHS Facility Programs: Karen Thompson, Kentucky Regional Office Director, ALL4 Inc.
Rich Hamel, Technical Director, ALL4 Inc. and Rachel Nally, Manager of Environment & Sustainability, Heaven Hill Distilleries
- Session Four: Breakout H: Emergency and Portable Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Environmental Compliance Management: Elisabeth Martin, Senior Consultant, Trinity Consultants and Michael Kennedy, P.E., Environmental Engineering Branch Manager, DAQ Permit Review Branch
5:00 p.m. - Day One Adjourns
Day Two: Friday, March 11, 2022
8:00 a.m. - Registration and Continental Breakfast with Sponsors
8:30 a.m. - Welcome and Legislative Update: Kate Shanks, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
8:45 a.m. - Update from Kentucky’s Energy and Environment Cabinet: Rebecca Goodman, Secretary, Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet
10:00 a.m. - PFAS – A Primer: Robin Thomerson, Partner, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum, LLP and Chris Wenczel, P.G., Director, Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
11:00 a.m. - Tier II Reporting – Protecting Your Site and Community During an Emergency: Nicole Galavotti, P.E., Sr. Environmental Engineer, Shield Environmental Associates, Inc. and - Robert Francis, Senior Project Manager, Shield Environmental Associates, Inc.
12:00 p.m. - Lunch with Sponsors
1:00 p.m. - Powering Kentucky – Energy, Environment, Economic Development: Bob Berry, CEO, Big Rivers Electric Corporation
2:00 p.m. - Meet with the Regulators: John Lyons, Deputy Secretary, Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet; Tony Hatton, Commissioner, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection; Amanda LeFevre, Deputy Commissioner, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection; Melissa Duff, Director, Division for Air Quality, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection; Carey Johnson, Director, Division of Water, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection; Tammi Hudson, P.E., Director, Division of Waste Management, Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection; Moderated by: Robin Thomerson, Partner, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum, LLP
3:30 p.m. - 20th Annual Kentucky Environmental Conference Adjourns