2017 Fall Meeting
Presented by the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law
Stites & Harbison attorney Cassidy Rosenthal, Member, Construction Service Group, is Program Co-Chair.
This meeting happens only once every 10 years! Don’t miss the opportunity to dissect the 2017 modifications with our expert panelists! The American Institute of Architects (“AIA”) contract documents, the most commonly used construction contract
forms in the United States, were updated in 2017. Obtain in-depth analysis of the 2017 updates as they impact owners, design professionals, contractors, and subcontractors. Attendees will come away from the Fall Meeting with invaluable strategies and practical takeaways to work with the AIA contract documents. In addition to covering the major changes in the AIA documents, our speakers will also cover:
- Design-Build: The AIA design-build and teaming agreements which were completely revamped in 2014 and 2015.
- EPC & International: Discussion on manuscript contracts, EPC contracts and international construction contract forms.
- Collaborative Design and Construction: How have contracts kept up pace with the widespread use of BIM and project delivery methods such as Integrated Project Delivery?
Who Should Attend & Why?
- AIA Contract Document Gurus. This is a first opportunity for us to discuss and evaluate the 2017 modifications. The meeting will provide you with a venue to evaluate the changes that were made and those that were not made.
- Litigators & Advocates. Get a first peek at the new language that you will face in your upcoming claims. Obtain strategies to win your next case through innovative use of the AIA contract documents in the session titled “Litigating the AIA Forms.”
- Diverse Construction Attorneys. Attend an innovative “improv” presentation skills program on Friday afternoon planned by the Forum’s Diversity Committee. Space is limited for this unique event.
- New Construction Attorneys. This conference is ideal for those who are new to construction law. Attend our practicum on Wednesday, October 4 to learn the basics of the AIA Contract Document forms, develop advocacy skills in negotiating
- the AIA contract documents, and even get a tutorial on how to use the new AIA software. You will come away from this program with a firm understanding of construction contracting process.
Click here for the full brochure and further information.