|Date:||May 18-19, 2023|
Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, 1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511
Presented by the University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law
The seminar will be held at Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa in Lexington, Kentucky, and simultaneously livestreamed via Zoom for those attending remotely. For more information (including a detailed agenda) and a printable registration form, download a PDF of the 19th Biennial Business Associations Law Institute Brochure.
Tentative topics include:
- Fiduciary Duties in Kentucky Business Entities
- How to Conduct a Private Offering
- Private Target Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business Filings and the Corporate Transparency Act
- Legal Ethics for the Business Law Practitioner
- Piercing the Business Entity Veil
- Business Franchise Agreements: Tips & Traps
- Legal Overview of Protecting Client and Business Information
- Public Benefit Corporations
- The Law of NIL (Name, Image & Likeness)
- An Update on Kentucky’s Business Law Court
Stites & Harbison speakers:
- "Business Filings and the Corporate Transparency Act," Alison M. Zeitlin, Business & Finance Service Group, Stites & Harbison, Lexington office; and, Allison J. Donovan, Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC, Thursday, May 18th at 12:40 p.m.
- "Piercing the Business Entity Veil," James C. Seiffert, Business & Finance Service Group, Stites & Harbison, Louisville office, Thursday, May 18th at 2:50 p.m.
- "Legal Overview of Protecting Client and Business Information," Trevor T. Graves and Patrick M. Torre, Stites & Harbison, Intellectual Property & Technology Service Group, Lexington office, Friday, May 19th at 8:30 a.m.
- "An Update on Kentucky's Business Law Court," Jameson M. (Jack) Seiffert, Business & Finance Service Group, Louisville office; and, Patrick T. Schmidt, Tilford Dobbins Alexander PLLC, Friday, May 19th at 11:25 a.m.
Zoom Requirements for Remote Attendance:
- Stable, high-speed internet connection
- Desktop/laptop computer, tablet, phone, or other mobile device
- No Zoom account needed to attend!
Click here for more information.