Apartments, condominiums, shopping centers, mixed-use projects, office buildings, hotels, industrial properties and golf course communities: our real estate lawyers have extensive experience handling sophisticated transactions for both domestic and non-U.S. clients involving all kinds of real estate assets. We regularly help both individual and institutional clients with the negotiation and structuring of equity joint ventures, and with the formation of limited-liability companies and general and limited partnerships.
From project inception to completion, developers and owner/operators including Ultima Holdings, The Muntzing Sattele Company, and ABG Development trust Stites & Harbison to stay on top of legal details including planning, acquisition, financing, construction, leasing, contract negotiation, and negotiating easements and access rights for a variety of properties.
- Handling purchasing and refinancing matters for five shopping centers developed by one of its clients
- Working closely with another client in developing rural land into booming residential subdivisions
- We have also helped clients form equity joint ventures for developing vertical mixed-use projects in several states. The projects ranged in value from $25 million to $85 million each.
- In another instance, our firm handled the $150 million purchase of 40 apartment complexes throughout the country on behalf of a public company, while at the same time helping a residential developer put together six tracts involving more than 20 legal descriptions for a mixed-use development of mid-priced homes for working families.
The real estate attorneys in our firm's Lexington office have helped several clients realize innovative mixed-use development projects throughout central Kentucky. Many of these are communities developed around golf courses, which incorporate the conservation of scenic land.
Other real estate deals the firm has handled include:
- Retail and shopping centers
- Low-income and multi-family housing developments
- Multi-use developments
- Office buildings
- Business and industrial parks
- Golf resort communities
- Residential developments, including single family homes
- Specialty properties such as hotels, mobile home parks and mini-storage warehouses
Lenders and borrowers count on Stites & Harbison to represent them in matters like mezzanine and mortgage financing, debt instrument conversion, joint ventures, and other arrangements. Our attorneys serve pension funds, institutional advisors, credit companies, insurance companies, and individuals.
Along with the traditional tasks of due diligence and document preparation, our real estate attorneys and paralegals "get the deal done" by taking a proactive approach to ensure that every detail is covered so the deal does not stall. We will never present a problem to a client without solutions in hand.
ATLANTA—Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorneys Dan Douglass and Walker Entwistle were recently honored in the 2019 Georgia Super Lawyers magazine.
COVINGTON, Ky.—The American Planning Association – Ohio Chapter (APA Ohio) has elected Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorney Tom Breidenstein to its Board of Trustees.
NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC welcomes attorney Michael Schwegler to the Nashville, Tenn., office. He joins the Real Estate & Banking Service Group as a Member (Partner) of the firm.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—The 2019 edition of Kentucky Super Lawyers recently honored 42 Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorneys in the Covington, Frankfort, Lexington and Louisville, Ky., offices. The publication named 33 attorneys to the Super Lawyers list and nine attorneys to the Rising Stars list.
TopGolf, 500 Cowan Street, Nashville, TN 37207
This seminar provides an opportunity for real estate appraisers, brokers, mortgage lenders, and attorneys to meet their professional peers during an open discussion forum, facilitated by a discussion leader and covering several current real estate topics.
Tennessee Bar Center, 2nd Floor, 221 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN
Learn how to avoid pitfalls as we look at all the players in a real estate transaction and review the ins and outs of real estate titles and contracts.