Stites & Harbison's mergers and acquisitions attorneys regularly represent acquirers, targets, financial advisors and other parties in transactions ranging from small, privately negotiated transfers of shares or assets to acquisitions involving public companies. Members of our M&A team have represented clients in a broad range of matters relating to:
- Public and private stock and asset acquisitions and sales
- Negotiated mergers
- "Rollups" involving multiple parties
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Acquisitions and dispositions of private equity portfolio companies
- Takeover defenses
- Transactions involving the purchase or disposition of assets by ESOPs
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
We regularly represent and advise:
- Strategic and financial buyers
- Independent business sellers
- Private equity groups
- Management groups and equity rollover participants in management buyouts and other public to private transactions
- Target company boards of directors
- Portfolio companies of investment funds, in the negotiation of the investment transactions and in post-investment corporate governance and commercial matters
Because we are a full service firm, our M&A team has the support of a broad range of experience from lawyers in our other practice areas, including antitrust, tax, finance and capital markets, intellectual property, bankruptcy, executive employment and compensation, general employment, employee benefits and ERISA, real estate, environmental, natural resources, healthcare, administrative law and litigation and dispute resolution.
Our diverse M&A practice offers our clients a broad range of industry experience, including healthcare, manufacturing, energy and natural resources, banking and financial services, technology and telecommunications.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Chambers USA selected 16 Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorneys in Kentucky and Tennessee for inclusion in their 2019 guide.
ATLANTA—Stites & Harbison, PLLC welcomes attorney William M. Joseph (Bill) to the Atlanta office.
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
The Olmsted, 3701 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY 40207
Jim Seiffert will be part of a panel discussing the impact on trade and economic development in within the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Since the enactment of the Opportunity Zone program over a year ago, the focus has been on gaining a better understanding of the workings of the program and its various applications. While the education curve has been demanding, it has not deterred taxpayers from taking advantage of the program.