Stites & Harbison's mergers and acquisitions attorneys regularly represent acquirers, targets, financial advisors and other parties in transactions ranging from small, privately negotiated transfers of shares or assets to acquisitions involving public companies. Members of our M&A team have represented clients in a broad range of matters relating to:
- Public and private stock and asset acquisitions and sales
- Negotiated mergers
- "Rollups" involving multiple parties
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Acquisitions and dispositions of private equity portfolio companies
- Takeover defenses
- Transactions involving the purchase or disposition of assets by ESOPs
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
We regularly represent and advise:
- Strategic and financial buyers
- Independent business sellers
- Private equity groups
- Management groups and equity rollover participants in management buyouts and other public to private transactions
- Target company boards of directors
- Portfolio companies of investment funds, in the negotiation of the investment transactions and in post-investment corporate governance and commercial matters
Because we are a full service firm, our M&A team has the support of a broad range of experience from lawyers in our other practice areas, including antitrust, tax, finance and capital markets, intellectual property, bankruptcy, executive employment and compensation, general employment, employee benefits and ERISA, real estate, environmental, natural resources, healthcare, administrative law and litigation and dispute resolution.
Our diverse M&A practice offers our clients a broad range of industry experience, including healthcare, manufacturing, energy and natural resources, banking and financial services, technology and telecommunications.
ATLANTA—Georgia Trend magazine has selected Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorney William M. (Bill) Joseph as one of its 2021 Legal Elite in the category of Taxes, Estates & Trusts. This is the eighth time Joseph has earned the Legal Elite honor.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Stites & Harbison, PLLC welcomes attorney Daniel C. Boswell to the firm’s Louisville, Ky., office. He joins the Business & Finance Service Group.
As the pandemic begins to ease and everyday life is moving toward normalcy, whatever that may be, the pace of the economy’s resurgence, in the words of Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, “… is about to accelerate much more quickly than anticipated with output approaching its pre-pandemic level.” Capital investment, especially in distressed economic communities, will be needed more now than ever, to enable for-profits and non-profits to start and grow businesses, accelerate job growth, and lessen economic hardships triggered by COVID-19.
ATLANTA—Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorneys Dan Douglass and Bill Joseph were recently honored in the 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers magazine.
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Leadership Louisville recently announced that Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorney Brian A. Cromer is one of 47 community leaders selected for membership in the 2021 Bingham Fellows class.