Mergers & Acquisitions
Stites & Harbison's mergers and acquisitions attorneys regularly represent acquirers, targets, financial advisors and other parties in transactions ranging from small, privately negotiated transfers of shares or assets to acquisitions involving public companies. Members of our M&A team have represented clients in a broad range of matters relating to:
- Public and private stock and asset acquisitions and sales
- Negotiated mergers
- "Rollups" involving multiple parties
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Acquisitions and dispositions of private equity portfolio companies
- Takeover defenses
- Transactions involving the purchase or disposition of assets by ESOPs
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
We regularly represent and advise:
- Strategic and financial buyers
- Independent business sellers
- Private equity groups
- Management groups and equity rollover participants in management buyouts and other public to private transactions
- Target company boards of directors
- Portfolio companies of investment funds, in the negotiation of the investment transactions and in post-investment corporate governance and commercial matters
Because we are a full service firm, our M&A team has the support of a broad range of experience from lawyers in our other practice areas, including antitrust, tax, finance and capital markets, intellectual property, bankruptcy, executive employment and compensation, general employment, employee benefits and ERISA, real estate, environmental, natural resources, healthcare, administrative law and litigation and dispute resolution.
Our diverse M&A practice offers our clients a broad range of industry experience, including healthcare, manufacturing, energy and natural resources, banking and financial services, technology and telecommunications.
IFLR1000 Honors Stites & Harbison and James C. Seiffert in 2022
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—IFLR1000 has announced that Stites & Harbison, PLLC and attorney James C. Seiffert have been honored in IFLR1000 United States for 2022. Seiffert is ranked as “highly regarded” in the practice areas of banking and finance as well as corporate and mergers and acquisitions. Stites & Harbison has been ranked Tier 1 in Kentucky for financial and corporate services, ranked Tier 3 in Georgia (US) for restructuring and insolvency and recommended in Tennessee for financial and corporate and real estate services.
7th Annual Accounting Risk Management Seminar
Time: 11:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
City Springs Conference Center, 1 Galambos Way, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Stites & Harbison's Accounting Defense Team will present this Accounting Risk seminar on October 26th at the City Springs Conference Center in Atlanta.
Stites & Harbison Welcomes William Kilgore to the Lexington Office
LEXINGTON, Ky. —Stites & Harbison, PLLC welcomes attorney William B. Kilgore to the firm’s Lexington, Ky., office. He joins the Real Estate Service Group.
Stites & Harbison Attorneys Honored by 2022 Georgia Super Lawyers
ATLANTA—The 2022 edition of Georgia Super Lawyers recently honored four Stites & Harbison, PLLC attorneys based in the firm’s Atlanta office. Of special note, Joe Kingma was named to the Top 100 Georgia Lawyers list for the fifth time.