Stites & Harbison’s real estate attorneys aid owners, developers, municipalities, and general business clients in land acquisition, zoning, development, and leasing matters. Our firm also has significant experience in the areas of conservation easements and land conservation, low-income housing, and community redevelopment.
Representative experience includes:
- Eastpoint Business Center, Louisville
- Indiana-American Water Company, Jeffersonville, Ind.
- Kentucky Broad Street Portfolio Project, Louisville
- Louisville Slugger Museum
- Park DuValle Revitalization Program, Louisville
- Wallace Farm Easement, Prospect, Ky.
- Waterfront Park, Louisville
- Westhaven, Franklin, Tenn.
In fast-growing Williamson County, just south of Nashville, Stites & Harbison attorneys have played a role in the zoning and development of “Westhaven”: a 1,500-acre mixed-use development built according to the tenets of the "New Urbanism" movement. Our attorneys not only assist developers in gaining zoning approval for difficult or controversial components; they can then complete all aspects of development, including application of covenants and restrictions, creation of sales contracts and disclosures, and advising on homeowners’ association governance matters.
Additional Williamson County, Tenn. successes include the simultaneous zoning approval of three residential and mixed-use developments—including Berry Farms— surrounding the Goose Creek interchange. All told, they comprise more than 2,000 residential units and more than one million square feet of commercial usage.