As the legalization and regulation of the hemp industry unfolds, industry actors must navigate a wide array of legal challenges and respond to evolving—and often times conflicting—federal and state mandates.
Stites & Harbison’s Hemp Industry Practice has the necessary understanding of the legal issues impacting our clients operating in the hemp arena. Our clients include farmers, producers, distributors, lenders, investors, and suppliers of ancillary products and services.
Stites & Harbison’s Hemp Industry services include:
- Capital formation activities
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- Corporate formation and structure
- Data privacy and security
- Drafting and negotiating of contracts/operating agreements
- Economic development and incentives
- Employment and employee benefit matters
- Environmental matters impacting air, land, or water
- Health care licensing
- Insurance coverage
- Intellectual property protection including trademarks, patents, and branding
- Investigations and enforcement
- Licensing agreements
- Licensing and permitting
- Partnerships and operating agreements
- Product liability litigation
- Real estate transactions including commercial leasing, construction, zoning, and land use
- Regulatory compliance (federal, state and local)
- Tax planning and advice
Our firm maintains the breadth of experience necessary to provide our hemp-related clients with the complex and diverse legal services required in their industry.