Luke F. Ervin
Location: Louisville, KY
Luke Ervin is a transactional attorney in the firm's Louisville office where he is a member of the Business & Finance Service Group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, public finance and municipal bonds, and general business and financial services.
- Represented the sellers in the sale to a private equity firm of the stock of a retail business.
- Represented a boutique hotel management company in the sale of the majority of its ownership interests.
- Served as underwriter's counsel in the issuance by a public agency consisting of municipal utilities of over $36 million in revenue refunding bonds.
- Served as bond counsel in transactions that helped bourbon distillers secure over $1 billion in state property tax relief in connection with the construction of barrel warehouses.
- Advises airports and other governmental entities regarding responses to open records requests and compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists mid-market size companies, small businesses, nonprofit entities, and individuals with general business and financial matters.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Introduction to the Legal Aspects of Starting a Business," with Angelica Sanchez Vega, Jameson M. Seiffert, participation in Spanish-speaking radio show Hablemos de Negocios con Israel Cuenca, September 8, 2018
- "SEC Amends Municipal Securities Disclosure Rule, Adding to List of “Event Notices”," with Alex P. Herrington, Jr. (Mike), Stites & Harbison Client Alert, August 28, 2018
More Than Stites & Harbison
Before deciding to focus on business and corporate law, Luke gained experience in a variety of legal settings. Luke worked for a family court judge, a mid-size litigation boutique, a small land use and real estate law firm, the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy, and a Fortune 500 healthcare services company. He joined Stites & Harbison in 2017 after participating in the firm's summer associate program in 2016. In addition to practicing law, Luke's hobbies and interests include, but are not limited to, boating and waterskiing, competing in yard games, and supporting the University of Louisville Cardinals.