Jeffery P. Langer, Ph.D.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Jeffery Langer is an intellectual property attorney located in the Alexandria office. His practice focuses on intellectual property procurement, transactions, and enforcement for clients with multi-jurisdictional intellectual property needs. He is experienced in patent and industrial design portfolio management; due diligence and IP risk mitigation; multi-country litigation assessment; post-grant challenges and contentious matters in the U.S., Europe, and Asia; and, multi-jurisdictional in- and out-licensing of intellectual property assets. His practice covers technology areas including electrical, computer, mechanical, green-tech, and medical device technologies. He also frequently lectures and advises clients on issues related to litigation and contentious matters, business practices, intellectual property protection, sourcing, and supply chain integrity in the People's Republic of China.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Meeting the Threat to America's Economic Future: Charting the Course in US IP & Innovation Policy," U.S. Chapters of the International IP Commercialization Council (IIPCC), Washington, D.C., May 9, 2018
- "Rapid changes in the Chinese legal system, an increasingly attractive venue for IP litigation," IPWatchdog, May 7, 2018
More Than Stites & Harbison
Prior to joining Stites & Harbison, Jeffery was managing partner for an IP boutique firm in their Alexandria and China offices. He spent nearly four years in Switzerland with Philip Morris International as in-house Senior Counsel for Next Generation Products. He began his career at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP, a global intellectual property law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C.
- Mandarin Chinese (proficient)
- French (basic)
- Rensselaer Alumni Network (RAN), Co-captain (Washington, D.C.)
- Columbus School of Law, Alumni Council