J. Anne Tipps
Location: Nashville, TN
Annie Tipps is an attorney in the firm's Nashville office where she concentrates her practice in the areas of business and commercial litigation with a focus on defending financial institutions in consumer litigation. She is a member of the Business Litigation and Torts & Insurance Practice Service Groups.
- Recently won summary judgment in a case involving the TCPA
- Defending multiple national financial institutions and mortgage companies in the Tennessee state and federal courts, including arguing before the Tennessee Court of Appeals, against claims such as wrongful foreclosure, fraud, and violations of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Truth in Lending Act.
- Substantial experience with motion practice in Tennessee Circuit and Chancery Courts.
- Substantial experience practicing before Tennessee General Sessions Courts.
Before Stites & Harbison
Annie joined Stites & Harbison in 2014 after participating in the firm's Summer Associate Program in 2013. During law school, Annie interned for the Honorable Magistrate Judge John S. Bryant, Middle District of Tennessee, and also in-house at a large telecommunications corporation. She graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law, where she served as Executive Editor of the Tennessee Law Review and as a student attorney for the UT Advocacy Clinic.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Annie serves on the board of directors for Ten Thousand Villages, and is a member of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Middle Tennessee – Young Professional Leadership Council. She is also a member of the Junior League of Nashville - Preston Taylor Ministries Committee and the Nashville Junior Chamber of Commerce.
Besides Stites & Harbison
As a Nashville native, Annie is happy to be able to work in the city that she loves. She enjoys traveling, fishing, watching live music, playing tennis, attending church activities, and spending time with family and friends. As often as she can, Annie tries to take advantage of Nashville's growing food scene and is always looking for a reason to be outdoors.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Middle Tennessee Chapter, Nashville’s Top 30 Under 30 (2016)
- Ten Thousand Villages, Board of Directors
- Junior League of Nashville - Preston Taylor Ministries Committee
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Middle Tennessee, Young Professionals Leadership Council
- Nashville Junior Chamber of Commerce, Alumna