Adam M. Smith
Location: Lexington, KY
Adam Smith is a Member of the firm in the Lexington office and a member of the Construction Service Group. Adam’s litigation practice is focused on representing owners, contractors and subcontractors in construction disputes. Adam has successfully advocated for and collaborated with clients across a wide range of businesses and industries and has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation in federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings. In addition to commercial litigation, Adam has experience in practice areas that include white collar defense, securities litigation and regulatory compliance.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Choice of Law and Your Construction Contract," Stites & Harbison Client Alert, August 28, 2018
- "WannaCry Ransomware Attack Underscores Cyber Risks to the Construction Industry," Stites & Harbison Legal Update, July 24, 2017
- "Digital Fortress," with Ian T. Ramsey, Sarah Cronan Spurlock, Modern Steel Construction, May 2017
- "Cyber Security and the Construction Industry," Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. Indiana/Kentucky Chapter and Stites & Harbison, February 9, 2017
Before Stites & Harbison
Before joining Stites & Harbison, Adam was an associate with Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (2007-11) and Dewey Pegno & Kramarsky LLP (2011-14), both in New York City. From 2000 to 2004, he was a project manager with Scholastic, Inc., also in New York. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from Cornell Law School in 2007. While in law school, he was an editor of the Cornell Law Review. He earned his B.A. in English from Rice University in Houston in 1999.
- OperaLex, Board of Directors
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass, Board of Directors