2017 Kentucky Bar Association Annual Convention
THE 2017 ANNUAL CONVENTION Planning Committee is pleased to announce the following speakers scheduled for the June 21-23 convention at the Owensboro Convention Center in downtown Owensboro.
- JERRY BUTING, one of the defense attorneys for Steven Avery in the Netflix documentary series “MAKING A MURDERER,” will hold “A Conversation on Justice.”
- RABIA CHAUDRY is the public advocate for Adnan Syed, the wrongfully convicted man at the center of the most popular podcasts in history, “SERIAL” and “UNDISCLOSED.”
- MARK WHITACRE, who was the subject of the book and major motion picture (starring Matt Damon) “THE INFORMANT,” will speak. He was the whistleblower in the mid-1990’s Archer Daniels Midland price fixing conspiracy, wore a wire for the FBI for almost three years and spent time in federal prison.
- MATT JONES, Kentucky attorney and host of “Hey Kentucky!” and “Kentucky Sports Radio,” who will join us to discuss compliance and legal issues in collegiate sports.
- AMANDA KNOX will share her story. She is the American exchange student who spent almost four years in an Italian prison, following her conviction for the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher, a fellow exchange student who shared her apartment. In 2015, Knox was definitively acquitted.
Stites & Harbison attorneys involved in this year's Convention include:
- Douglass Farnsley, Member, Louisville, KY, Immediate Past President and member of the 2017 Annual Convention Planning Committee
- William G. Geisen, Member, Stites & Harbison Construction Service Group, Covington, KY, will be a co-presenter of "A Brief Introduction to Arbitration Practice," on Thursday morning.
- Kenneth J. Gish, Jr., Member, Lexington, KY, member of the 2017 Annual Convention CLE Planning Committee
Click here for more information and to register.