W. Thomas Halbleib, Jr.
Location: Louisville, KY
Tom Halbleib is a transactional lawyer with substantial experience representing airport sponsors, governmental agencies and other tax exempt organizations, commercial lenders, and buyers and sellers of assets and businesses.
- Served as counsel for the seller or the buyer in merger and acquisition transactions totaling more than $500 million during the past three years
- Serves as counsel to physician practice groups in transactions relating to ancillary businesses and sales of practices
- Serves as counsel to numerous governmental agencies in conjunction with responding to open records requests and administrative appeals from agency decisions
What Clients Say
. . . extensive transactional expertise in the aviation space . . . well versed in securities, M&A and joint ventures . . . regularly called upon to provide counsel to government agencies and other tax-exempt organizations.
. . . always willing to literally go the extra mile.
. . . have never come upon a situation where Tom did not know the answer or at least where to find the information very quickly.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
Mr. Halbleib's topics have included Third-Party Legal Opinions in Commercial Transactions (Louisville Bar Association) and Airport Law (Kentucky Aviation Association, Airports Council International, and the American Association of Airport Executives). He has also served as a Kentucky Law Review lecturer on business entities.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Mr. Halbleib served as a law clerk to the Hon. Bailey Brown, Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and on the staff of the Honorable Sam Nunn, United States Senate. Tom helped form and serves as a volunteer member of the Board of Directors of the Premature and Sick Infant Fund, Inc., a private foundation devoted to improving health care for premature and sick infants. He is a member of the Louisville Zoo Foundation board and is Mayor of the City of Glenview.
Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Best Lawyers in America®, Banking & Finance Law and Corporate Law (2007-19)
Kentucky Super Lawyers® (2012-15)
Chambers USA, "America's Leading Lawyers for Business," Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions (2011-18)
Louisville Magazine Top Lawyers (2016)
- Premature and Sick Infant Fund, Inc., Board of Directors
- Louisville Zoo Foundation, Board of Directors
- Tri-State Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc., Board of Directors and Treasurer
- City of Glenview, Mayor
- Best Lawyers in America honors 72 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2019
- Chambers USA 2018 Honors Stites & Harbison
- Best Lawyers in America honors 79 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2018
- Chambers USA 2017 honors Stites & Harbison
- Best Lawyers in America honors 74 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2017
- Chambers USA 2016 Honors Stites & Harbison
- Best Lawyers honors 72 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2016
- Chambers USA 2015 honors Stites & Harbison
- Super Lawyers honor Stites & Harbison’s Kentucky Attorneys
- Best Lawyers honors 89 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2015
- Chambers USA honors Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2014
- Super Lawyers honors Stites & Harbison’s Kentucky attorneys for 2013-14
- Eighty-nine Stites & Harbison attorneys honored by Best Lawyers in America for 2014
- Seventy-five Stites & Harbison attorneys honored in Best Lawyers in America
- Chambers USA honors 31 Stites & Harbison attorneys with inclusion in the 2011 guide
- Seventy-two Stites & Harbison attorneys honored in “Best Lawyers in America”