Neal F. Bailen
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Neal Bailen is a Member of the firm and co-chair of the Financial Services Litigation Group. His practice focuses on defending financial institutions in consumer litigation. He has extensive experience defending loan servicers, banks, mortgage lenders, credit card companies, debt collectors and auto finance companies.
In addition to a multi-state financial services litigation practice, Neal maintains a significant general litigation practice involving contract disputes, business torts, insurance coverage and professional liability claims. He has been named a Rising Star in the field of business litigation by Indiana Super Lawyers® (2012-17).
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Loss Mitigation, Debt Collection, and FDCPA Nuances and Challenges," American Conference Institute's Residential Mortgage Regulatory Enforcement & Litigation Conference, Dallas, TX, September 26, 2017
- "The Impact of Spokeo and Overcoming Routine Borrower Counterclaims," American Conference Institute's National Forum on Residential Mortgage Litigation, Dallas, TX, September 26, 2016
- "Enforcement Actions under FDCPA and FCRA," American Conference Institute's 26th National Conference on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation, Chicago, IL, July 28, 2016
More Than Stites & Harbison
Neal is chairman of the board of directors for Southern Indiana Pro Bono Referrals, Inc., a non-profit that matches volunteer attorneys with low-income residents of seven counties in Southern Indiana.
- 2017 Indiana Super Lawyers honor Neal Bailen and Bruce Paul
- 2016 Indiana Super Lawyers honor Neal Bailen and Bruce Paul
- Stites & Harbison promotes 15 attorneys in 2016
- Stites & Harbison attorneys honored by Indiana Super Lawyers for 2015
- Indiana Super Lawyers honors Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2014
- Indiana Super Lawyers honors three Stites & Harbison attorneys in 2013
- Indiana Super Lawyers honors four Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2012