Marshall R. Hixson
Location: Lexington, KY
Mr. Hixson regularly practices and appears in courtrooms across Kentucky. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, coal supply litigation, product liability, and professional liability. Mr. Hixson also has significant experience in motor carrier litigation, and has litigated a wide array of complex and catastrophic injury cases in state and federal jurisdictions. Mr. Hixson's commercial practice involves representing businesses in cases with claims ranging from breach of contract, promissory estoppel, and indemnification to fraud and negligence.
Mr. Hixson has tried more than ten cases to verdict during his career.
- Tried three cases to verdict or arbitration within the preceding year
- Obtained summary judgment for a large financial institution relative to the enforceability of a General Obligation Bond
- Recently obtained summary judgment for a large engineering firm in litigation involving a near fatal truck accident
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Litigation Case Management for the Kentucky Paralegal," presentation
- "Medical Records Confidentiality," presentation
- "Kentucky No Fault and UM/UIM considerations for claims handlers," presentation
More Than Stites & Harbison
Marshall acts as counsel to Kentucky-Ecuador Partners, a not for profit organization. Additionally, Marshall is an instrument-rated pilot.
- Leadership Lexington, Class of 2015-16
- Kentucky-Ecuador Partners, counsel