Demetrius O. Holloway
Location: Louisville, KY
A seasoned litigator with over 16 years of experience, Demetrius represents employers in the defense of employment-based claims asserted under both Kentucky and federal law including, but not limited to, claims asserted under the ADA, ADEA, FMLA, Title VII, and the Kentucky Civil Rights Act. His experience includes defending civil actions filed in both state and federal court, as well as defending against administrative actions before state and federal administrative agencies.
He is also an affiliated member of the Business Litigation and the Torts & Insurance Service Groups having successfully defended civil suits involving personal injury, defense of product liability claims, breach of contract and common law tort claims. In addition to his litigation practice, Demetrius assist clients with drafting and implementing employee handbooks and other workplace policies, and also conducts on-site training on the issues of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Review of Kentucky Employment Law Cases," with Shannon Antle Hamilton, 34th Annual Carl A. Warns and Edwin R. Render Labor & Employment Law Institute, June 15, 2017
- "What Is It Now? An Employer’s Expanding Duty to Accommodate," Stites & Harbison, PLLC, Thirsty Thursday networking event, Louisville, Ky.
- "A “Supreme” Summer for Employers," Thirsty Thursday, Stites & Harbison networking event, October 24, 2013
- "FMLA Update 2013," 29th Annual Kentucky SHRM Conference, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Louisville, Ky., September 26, 2013
- "FMLA Update 2013," 25th Annual Human Resources Update, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Louisville, Ky., May 15, 2013
- "Non-profit employees and volunteers - do you know the difference?," Kentuckiana Association of Volunteer Administrators, Louisville, Ky., May 10, 2012
- "OMG! My employees are on Facebook!," Stites & Harbison, PLLC, Thirsty Thursday networking event, Louisville, Ky., September 22, 2011
More Than Stites & Harbison
Demetrius participated in the Leadership Louisville Center's Bingham Fellows Class of 2014. He is the Chairman of the Board of Deacons and Finance Board at his church. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Louisville Urban League.
Best Lawyers in America®, Employment Law (2019)
Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, 2015 Alumni Fellow
National Institute for Trial Advocacy, NITA Advocate
Alpha Media & Kentucky Lottery's Power 29 Award (2016)
Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2013-14)
2012 Top Lawyers in the Louisville Area for Employment Law
- Leadership Louisville Center's Bingham Fellows, Class of 2014
- Louisville Urban League, Board of Directors
- Best Lawyers in America honors 72 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2019
- Demetrius Holloway appointed to Kentucky Law Enforcement Council
- Demetrius Holloway and Doug Farnsley earn 2015 U of L Alumni Awards
- Stites & Harbison promotes 15 attorneys in 2015
- Forty-four community leaders selected for 2014 Bingham Fellows
- Super Lawyers honors Stites & Harbison’s Kentucky attorneys for 2013-14
- Stites & Harbison names three new Members; Two attorneys promoted to Counsel