University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law
Journal of Law and Education; Association of Trial Lawyers of America Competition; Black Law Students Association; Student Bar Association
University of Louisville
Golden Key National Honor Society; Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society; Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honor Society; Woodford R. Porter Sr. Scholar, 1992-97
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Business Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Torts & Insurance Practice
- Product Liability
- Wholesalers / Distributors
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Louisville Urban League, Board of Directors
Demetrius Holloway is a member of the firm's Employment Law Service Group and is also an affiliated member of the Business Litigation Service Group and Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group. He has both first and second chair trial experience in employment matters. Demetrius serves as co-chair of the firm's Diversity Committee.
Demetrius represents employers in the defense of a variety of state and federal civil suits including Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and common-law tort claims related to employment. He has extensive experience in litigating non-compete and other restrictive covenant cases in both federal and state court.
Demetrius's litigation practice also includes civil suits involving personal injury, defense of products liability cases, breach of contract and common law tort claims.
In addition to his litigation practice, Demetrius provides training in compliance and investigation of all major areas of employment law, and also assists with the drafting and implementation of employment policies.
- Recently obtained summary judgment in a disability discrimination case in state court
Recent Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Routine speaker for the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce's Annual H.R. Update and International SHRM Conference on ADA and FMLA
- Non-profit employees and volunteers - do you know the difference?," Kentuckiana Association of Volunteer Administrators, Louisville, Ky., May 10, 2012
- OMG!! My employees are on Facebook! Social Media from the employment perspective," presented with Shannon Antle Hamilton and Karen M. Paulin, Stites & Harbison Thirsty Thursday, Louisville, Ky., September 22, 2011
More Than Stites & Harbison
Demetrius is the Chairman of the Board of Finance at his church. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Louisville Urban League.