Product Liability LitigationView Attorneys Download PDF
Stites & Harbison represents a broad cross-section of product manufacturers in regional and national litigation. We are trial and appellate lawyers who focus on defending complex or high-profile lawsuits.
Stites & Harbison has significant experience with most consumer, commercial, and industrial products, including:
- Agricultural vehicles & implements
- Automobiles & component parts
- Building materials
- Chemicals & dyes
- Construction equipment
- Electrical equipment & electronics
- Food production
- Industrial tools & presses
- Ladders & scaffolding
- Medical devices
- Plastics & composites
- Recreational vehicles & products
- Steel & iron components
- Trucks & transportation fleets
- Toxic substances
Stites & Harbison also makes a special effort to counsel clients on prevention and risk-management aimed at reducing the incidence of product-related accidents and minimizing or preventing product liability lawsuits.
When lawsuits do occur, our firm's lawyers actively involve product manufacturers in developing the most effective defenses. Among other activities, we:
- Coordinate the defense of product liability litigation on a regional and national basis
- Select local counsel
- Formulate sophisticated strategies
- Manage relevant and discoverable documents
- Identify and protect privileged documents
- Provide uniform discovery responses
- Prepare company employees for depositions
- Develop expert witness testimony.
In addition, our lawyers are experienced in litigation budgeting, alternative fee arrangements, and cost-effective case management.
More than 20 attorneys with the firm are trained in the engineering disciplines and natural sciences. Members of the group participate in all national organizations with an interest in the effective defense of product liability lawsuits, serve on editorial boards of industry publications, write and publish useful articles, and appear on national product liability panels and programs.
502-681-0438 (Louisville) 703-837-3952 (Alexandria)