Stephen M. Ruschell
Location: Lexington, KY
Stephen Ruschell is chair of the Lexington office's Real Estate Service Group. His practice focuses on condemnation, real property, mergers & acquisitions, general business law, zoning and land development.
Mr. Ruschell additionally represents companies in the areas of general corporate law, commercial lending and bond issues.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Bar Foundations," Kentucky Bar Association's Bench and Bar, September 2007
More Than Stites & Harbison
Steve is a former chairman of the Fayette County Bar Foundation which he helped found in 2006. He was honored in June 2008 with the Justice James Keller Law Day Award for "dedicated and distinguished service to the Fayette County Community" for his work as organizer/founder/current chairman of the Fayette County Bar Foundation. He is also the former treasurer and a member of the Executive Committee of the Kentucky Humanities Council, a statewide organization fostering the humanities.
Besides Stites & Harbison
Steve enjoys playing golf, travel and is an avid sports fan with a passion for his alma mater's football and basketball teams. He most enjoys spending time with his three children and their spouses who reside in Lexington, Birmingham and New York City.
Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Land Use & Zoning Law & Litigation and Real Estate Law & Litigation (2008-19)
Best Lawyers in America®, Lexington Area Lawyer of the Year for Land Use and Zoning Law (2016)
- Kentucky Humanities Council, former Treasurer and Executive Committee
- Triangle Foundation, Director
- Commerce Lexington (Chamber of Commerce), Trustee
- Best Lawyers in America honors 72 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2019
- Best Lawyers in America honors 79 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2018
- Best Lawyers in America honors 74 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2017
- UK College of Law honors Steve Beshear and Steve Ruschell
- Best Lawyers names eight Stites & Harbison attorneys as “Lawyer of the Year” for 2016
- Best Lawyers honors 72 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2016
- Best Lawyers honors 89 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2015
- Eighty-nine Stites & Harbison attorneys honored by Best Lawyers in America for 2014
- Seventy-five Stites & Harbison attorneys honored in Best Lawyers in America
- Seventy-two Stites & Harbison attorneys honored in “Best Lawyers in America”