Navigating the Uncertainty of Nuclear Jury Verdicts and the FTC's Proposed Non-Compete Ban: What You Need to Know Now!
|Date:||Jun 06, 2023|
|Time:||2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
Castle & Key Distillery, 4445 McCracken Pike, Frankfort, KY 40601
Michael Hargis and Trevor Graves invite you to attend a program with their business litigation partners at Stites & Harbison to discuss critical matters currently impacting employers. Following the completion of the seminar, guests are invited to stay for a tasting, reception, and distillery tours.
- To Compete or Not to Compete, That is the Question
- Explaining the Federal Trade Commission's proposed new rule banning employers from entering into non-compete agreements with workers
- How the proposal invalidates existing non-compete agreements
- The impact to employers
- Nuclear Verdicts - Litigation's New Atomic Age
- What are nuclear verdicts, and what impact could they have on your business?
- Recognizing a "nuclear threat"
- Strategies for preventing and dealing with nuclear verdicts
- Robin McGuffin, Member, Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group and Employment Law Service Group, Lexington, KY
- Robin Miller, Member, Business Litigation Service Group, Cincinnati, OH
- Emily Startsman, Torts & Insurance Practice Service , Lexington, KY
- 2:30 p.m. - Registration
- 3:00 p.m. - Programming
- 4:00 p.m. - Q&A
- 4:15 p.m. - Tasting & Reception
- 5:00 p.m. - Castle & Key Distillery Tours
Please RSVP by Friday, June 2nd, to Sheridan Gates or by calling 502-681-0694.
Applied for one hour of Kentucky continuing legal education (CLE) credit.