November 14, 2013
Location: Stites & Harbison, 401 Commerce Street, Suite 800, Nashville, TN (Map)
Are You Aware of the ADA Public Accommodation Trap?
A recent flurry of ADA lawsuits in Middle Tennessee against owners and operators of business facilities and ATMs highlight the risks that arise from lack of awareness of and compliance with the 2010 ADA Rules that went into effect in March 2012. The presentation will cover who is at risk, the strategies used by attorneys for the parties bringing suit, and the options present for owners and operators in most cases.
- 4:30 - 5:15 p.m. — Networking
- 5:15 - 6:00 p.m. — Presentation
- 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. — Networking
- M. Clark Spoden, Member, Business Litigation Service Group, Nashville office
- Stephen H. Price, Member and Office Executive Member for the Nashville office, Co-Chair of Employment Law Service Group, Nashville office
- Brian C. Neal, Counsel, Business Litigation Service Group and Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group, Nashville office
Who Should Attend
Owners and operators of business facilities include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial Facilities
- Financial Institutions
- Shopping Centers, Hotels, and Restaurants
- Health Care Providers
- Manufacturing Facilities, Office Buildings, and Warehouses
- Entertainment Venues
- Universities, Museums, and Libraries
What to Expect
Stites & Harbison's CONNECTIONS is a FREE networking event, held periodically throughout the year, from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m., at our office in downtown Nashville. The program starts with networking, as you enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, followed by a short presentation and more networking.
NOTE: A drawing will be held for a $100 Gift Certificate to Etch Restaurant, an overnight stay in a local hotel, and a 750 ml bottle of Woodford Reserve.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and company names of those planning to attend.