Robert M. Connolly
Location: Louisville, KY
Bob Connolly serves as Chairman of the Firm. He is based in the Louisville office and has been with the firm since 1980. He is a member of the firm's Business Litigation Section and the Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group.
Bob has tried more than 80 cases to jury verdicts in several states. He has also argued before every appellate court in the federal and state courts of Kentucky. His practice includes defending complex product liability claims and construction and commercial disputes. He has also had experience in administrative, OSHA, insurance, and admiralty claims.
Bob also served as a Special Justice on the Kentucky Supreme Court, Greene, et. al. v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Administrative Office of the Courts, et. al., 349 S.W.3d 892 (KY September 22, 2011).
- Trial counsel for a major medical device manufacturer in multiple states
- National counsel for a nation-wide construction company in corporate and litigation matters
- Supervising trial counsel in mass tort litigation involving more than 2,000 plaintiffs in Kentucky
What Clients Say
. . . results oriented business litigator who is strategic, knowledgeable and gives great advice . . . highlighted for his strengths in construction and product liability disputes and also noted for wide-ranging experience in appellate proceedings.
. . . an excellent and experienced trial lawyer.
. . . highly recommended by clients.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "After joining Stites & Harbison out of law school, Robert Connolly is set to become the firm's chairman," Louisville Business First, December 5, 2014
- "Bob Connolly finds that being in a courtroom is a “real rush” when things go well," Business First of Louisville, July 8, 2011
More Than Stites & Harbison
Mr. Connolly is involved in a number of civic and charitable activities. He is past President of the Board of Directors of the Jefferson Street Baptist Church, a local homeless shelter dedicated to mentally ill and chemically dependent individuals. He is the past President of the Louisville Bar Foundation and a member of Downtown Louisville Rotary Club. Mr. Connolly is a past member of the Dartmouth Alumni Council. Mr. Connolly also enjoys skiing, backpacking and scuba diving.
Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Chambers USA, "America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2004-19)
Best Lawyers in America®, Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation (2006-18)
Kentucky Super Lawyers® (2007-18)
Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Top 50 Attorneys in the State (2012-15, 2017)
- Jefferson Street Baptist Church, Past President
- Downtown Louisville Rotary Club, member
- Kentucky Super Lawyers Honors 42 Stites & Harbison Attorneys for 2019
- Best Lawyers in America honors 72 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2019
- Chambers USA 2018 Honors Stites & Harbison
- Kentucky Super Lawyers honors 51 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2018
- Best Lawyers in America honors 79 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2018
- Civil War Trust Recognizes Stites & Harbison
- Chambers USA 2017 honors Stites & Harbison
- Kentucky Super Lawyers honors 55 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2017
- Best Lawyers in America honors 74 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2017
- Chambers USA 2016 Honors Stites & Harbison
- Kentucky Super Lawyers honors 64 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2016
- Best Lawyers honors 72 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2016
- Chambers USA 2015 honors Stites & Harbison
- Super Lawyers honor Stites & Harbison’s Kentucky Attorneys
- Robert Connolly Named to Lead Stites & Harbison
- Robert Connolly inducted as Fellow of American College of Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers honors 89 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2015
- Chambers USA honors Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2014
- Super Lawyers honors Stites & Harbison’s Kentucky attorneys for 2013-14
- Eighty-nine Stites & Harbison attorneys honored by Best Lawyers in America for 2014
- Super Lawyers honors Stites & Harbison’s Kentucky attorneys
- Seventy-five Stites & Harbison attorneys honored in Best Lawyers in America
- Thirty-five Stites & Harbison attorneys selected for inclusion on Kentucky Super Lawyers for 2001
- Chambers USA honors 31 Stites & Harbison attorneys with inclusion in the 2011 guide
- Seventy-three Stites & Harbison attorneys honored in “Best Lawyers in America”
- Chambers USA honors 32 Stites & Harbison attorneys with inclusion in the 2010 guide
- Seventy-two Stites & Harbison attorneys honored in “Best Lawyers in America”