Rebecca M. Wichard Sherman
Location: Lexington, KY
Rebecca Wichard Sherman is an attorney in the firm’s Lexington office and is a member of the Construction Service Group. Rebecca’s practice focuses on advising clients throughout all phases of construction projects including planning, contract drafting and negotiation, project administration, and disputes. She represents owners, contractors and subcontractors in construction disputes and litigation.
Rebecca routinely represents professional athletes and entertainers in contract negotiations, business advice and litigation matters. She has also handled a variety of business and litigation matters for national corporations and local businesses.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "Contract Issues for Design Professionals," Half Moon presentation, June 28, 2017
- "Making Sense of 2017 AIA Contract Documents," Stites & Harbison, PLLC, presentation in Lexington, Kentucky, June 2017
- "Kentucky Court of Appeals Entertains Contractor’s Negligent Misrepresentation Claims Against Architect," with Cassidy R. Rosenthal, Stites & Harbison Legal Update, January 26, 2017
Before Stites & Harbison
Prior to joining Stites & Harbison, Rebecca was an attorney for a large U.S. law firm, where she gained extensive experience in complex commercial litigation in federal and state trial and appellate courts. She earned her J.D. from the University of Kentucky College of Law, cum laude and Order of the Coif, and was Production Editor for the Kentucky Law Journal.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Rebecca is a board member of the Lexington Humane Society and Fayette County Bar Association, Young Lawyers' Division. She is a 2017 graduate of Elevate Kentucky and an avid volunteer with LHS. Rebecca is a member of Junior League of Lexington, Kentucky Horse Counsel and Rotaract Club of Lexington and a past member of the board of directors of OperaLex.
Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2016-18)
- Lexington Humane Society, Board Member
- Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government, Housing Solutions Committee
- Leadership Lexington, Class of 2018-19
- Elevate Kentucky, Class of 2017 graduate
- Rotaract Club of Lexington
- Kentucky Horse Council
- Junior League of Lexington
- OperaLex, past Board Member
- Kentucky Super Lawyers Honors 42 Stites & Harbison Attorneys for 2019
- Rebecca Wichard Sherman selected for Leadership Lexington’s Class of 2018-19
- Kentucky Super Lawyers honors 51 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2018
- Rebecca Wichard selected for inaugural Elevate Kentucky Class of 2017
- Kentucky Super Lawyers honors 55 Stites & Harbison attorneys for 2017
- Stites & Harbison welcomes attorney Rebecca Wichard to the Lexington office