Location: Memphis, TN
Rebecca Barnett is a Registered Patent Attorney and Counsel in the Intellectual Property and Technology Service Group. Her practice is focused on developing and maintaining domestic and international patent portfolios, primarily in the biological, chemical and mechanical arts.
Ms. Barnett prepares and prosecutes patent and trademark applications and counsels clients on issues of patentability, infringement and validity to ensure that intellectual property protection correlates with business strategy. She has broad experience with both U.S. and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications and knowledge of the procedures of numerous patent offices around the world.
Ms. Barnett’s technical experience in biomedical engineering includes research and design of a perfused bioreactor and micro-endothelial cell scaffolding and study of the phylogenetics of microchlorophytes.
Recent Articles and Speaking Engagements
- "Intellectual Property Strategies for Startups," Memphis Bioworks Foundation Lunch & Learn, Memphis, January 2014
- "A Primer on Patentability Searching," Tennessee Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Newsletter, September 2013
- "The European Unitary Patent and Patent Court," Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association (TIPLA), Nashville, May 2013
- "Recent Developments in International Patent Law," Tennessee Bar Association Intellectual Property Spring Institute, Nashville, April 2013
More Than Stites & Harbison
Rebecca is the Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association, an Executive Committee Member for the Tennessee Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Section as well as a member of the 2015 Leadership Law Class, and a Member of the 2015 Leadership Law Class of the Nashville Bar Association. She has co-chaired the Davidson County High-School Mock Trial Tournament as well as the Nashville Race Judicata 5K and 10K event.
Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2014)
- Tennessee Bar Association selects two Stites & Harbison attorneys for Leadership Law 2015
- Eight Stites & Harbison attorneys named to Mid-South Super Lawyers List
- Rebecca Barnett elected board vice president for Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association
- Stites & Harbison welcomes Rebecca Barnett