Oliver H. (Scott) Barber III
Location: Louisville, KY
Scott Barber is a Member based in the Louisville office. He is a member of the firm's Business Litigation and Torts & Insurance Practice Service Groups where he handles a variety of complex matters for the firm's clients including complex commercial litigation, financial institutions concerns, and energy disputes.
- Defended complex foreclosure and counterclaim matters for a number of financial institutions
- Lead counsel to international oil and gas exploration company involved in multi-million dollar oil and gas rights disputes
- Defended complex commercial fraud claims brought against payment system companies
- Defended shareholder fiduciary duty claims brought against private equity fund
- Successfully tried wrongful death products liability claim filed against a leading lawn tractor manufacturer
- Defended $8 million class action tax fraud claim filed against a national telecommunications company
Recent Articles and Speaking Engagements
Before Stites & Harbison
Before joining Stites & Harbison, Mr. Barber served as a Law Clerk from 1999 to 2001 for Hon. Jerome B. Simandle, U.S. District Court Judge for the District of New Jersey, and practiced white-collar criminal defense and commercial litigation with the Philadelphia office of Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP.
Kentucky Super Lawyers® (2012-14)
- Brightside, Board of Directors
- WaterStep, Board of Directors
- Gallopalooza Festival, former board member