John S. Wathen
Location: Louisville, KY
John Wathen is an attorney in the firm’s Louisville office where he is a member of the Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Service Group. John’s practice focuses on representing creditors in bankruptcy court, general commercial litigation, commercial real estate disputes, lender liability actions, and contested mortgage litigation.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- "New Amendments to Bankruptcy Rules Could Have a Major Effect on the Rights of Secured Creditors," Stites & Harbison Client Alert, November 15, 2017
Before Stites & Harbison
Prior to joining Stites & Harbison, John was an attorney for a firm in Owensboro, Kentucky, where he gained extensive experience in commercial litigation in federal and state courts. He earned his J.D. from the University of Kentucky College of Law, and was Notes Editor for the Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Law. John also served as a judicial intern for Hon. Joseph H. McKinley, U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky.
More than Stites & Harbison
John serves on the Executive Committee for the Young Lawyers' Division of the Kentucky Bar Association and served as the firm representative for the 2018 Legal Food Frenzy.
Besides Stites & Harbison
John enjoys spending time with his wife and family, golf, reading, and working on his Ford Bronco.
- Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies, Board of Directors
- FOCUS Louisville, Spring 2018
- Leadership Owensboro, 2016
- 2018 Legal Food Frenzy, Firm Representative (sponsored by Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyer's Division, Kentucky Attorney General's Office, Kentucky Secretary of State's Office and Kentucky Association of Food Banks)